Implent Tire Conversion Question?

/ Implent Tire Conversion Question? #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello I am trying to figure out what size tire I can Replace a set of 5.00 x 15 implement tires on my hay rake with. I was hoping to find or use some of the used tires i have around the farm i just do not know exactly what will cross onto the rims. I have tried online conversion charts but none of them list tires this size they only go down to about 7.00. Somebody had done this I am sure and can lead me to the right size. Thank You

PS if it helps the tires are going on a new idea 4150 rake 4 bolt rims

/ Implent Tire Conversion Question? #2  
I have done the same thing. I just got a couple last week too. Found two four hole 15" rims with tires, doing a clean up for a neighbor. 165 15 to 205 15, maybe even 215 15 should work. We have a few double V rakes. I mount all the tires we use at my shop, on my vehicles, tractors, trailers. If a tire is kinda shoddy looking, you can also get radial tubes at the parts store. Have to be for radials. Now, your old tires are bias ply and they can take a regular old tube. I've run some ragly ole may pops on hay rakes, long as they hold air. Never had a flat while using.

/ Implent Tire Conversion Question? #3  
Take the tires and rims to where you buy your tires - bet they’ve got something used that you could get for cheap

/ Implent Tire Conversion Question?
I have done the same thing. I just got a couple last week too. Found two four hole 15" rims with tires, doing a clean up for a neighbor. 165 15 to 205 15, maybe even 215 15 should work. We have a few double V rakes. I mount all the tires we use at my shop, on my vehicles, tractors, trailers. If a tire is kinda shoddy looking, you can also get radial tubes at the parts store. Have to be for radials. Now, your old tires are bias ply and they can take a regular old tube. I've run some ragly ole may pops on hay rakes, long as they hold air. Never had a flat while using.
Thank You thats what i needed to know Ive already got some 205 15's laying around used. The ones on the rake are equipment tires and are bad cracked and most likely the original tires, I already tubed them about 5 years ago and was really looking at this option Like you I mount my trailer and farm tires myself at home. Thank You..

Take the tires and rims to where you buy your tires - bet they’ve got something used that you could get for cheap
I already havee several tires Lying around and my own tire changer, I do my trailer and other tires at home atv utv front tractor etc.. My Vehicles yes I do go to a shop but Not really wanting to go that route with this. Thank you

/ Implent Tire Conversion Question? #6  
Thank You thats what i needed to know Ive already got some 205 15's laying around used. The ones on the rake are equipment tires and are bad cracked and most likely the original tires, I already tubed them about 5 years ago and was really looking at this option Like you I mount my trailer and farm tires myself at home. Thank You..
Check around the lip on your rim. I always go around them with an angle grinder with a wire wheel. Spray paint the inside. I have bought few things that actually really more than paid for themselves. Manual tire changer and hand tire tools. Manual bead breaker, hand hammer bead breaker. Got some black sticky goo to paint around bead if you have one that won't seal off, it will seal. I bought a gallon pail of bead lube, that stuff is the cats meow for mounting tires. Real thick like old wheel bearing grease, but it is concentrated soap. Thin it with water. Paint it around the bead area and dip your tools in it. Because, when your messing with tubeless tires, tearing the bead is game over. Leave old tires sitting in the sun until they are hot and softer. Sometimes on collapsed tires I'll put a tube in the tire and air it up to spread tire out, leave it in the sun a while. That way it will pop out on the rim bead and seal. I use starting fluid to seat beads often too.

/ Implent Tire Conversion Question? #7  
A 155/60r15 might fit.
The page below has a listing of tires by height, unfortunately many of the sizes listed have no tires in those sizes.
1685570852121.png

/ Implent Tire Conversion Question? #8  
This chart shows 5.00x15 size. Maybe work from that to find a close match.

Bruce

/ Implent Tire Conversion Question? #9  
You can buy a new 500-15 tire at Miller Tire for $88.00

Check around the lip on your rim. I always go around them with an angle grinder with a wire wheel. Spray paint the inside. I have bought few things that actually really more than paid for themselves. Manual tire changer and hand tire tools. Manual bead breaker, hand hammer bead breaker. Got some black sticky goo to paint around bead if you have one that won't seal off, it will seal. I bought a gallon pail of bead lube, that stuff is the cats meow for mounting tires. Real thick like old wheel bearing grease, but it is concentrated soap. Thin it with water. Paint it around the bead area and dip your tools in it. Because, when your messing with tubeless tires, tearing the bead is game over. Leave old tires sitting in the sun until they are hot and softer. Sometimes on collapsed tires I'll put a tube in the tire and air it up to spread tire out, leave it in the sun a while. That way it will pop out on the rim bead and seal. I use starting fluid to seat beads often too.
Yes i have the manuall tire changer and the black goo from napa, do my trailer tires when needed and a few front tractor tires when need arises (you know that need Saturday after lunch, everything closed got to get back to tractoring)I may check on the lube though, i been using the dish soap lube lol works ok. Thank You