Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,181  
It seems to me that the only way to test the shock-RV settings accurately is to TEE in a gauge at the IN port on the valve stack (or pump OUT) and operate the house motor to relief. This needs to be done after adjusting the main RV up to or above the target setting of the cushion valves.

My target setting would be 2500psi for both shock-RVs, so I would start with the system RV bumped up to 2600, then operate the house motor to see what I get. Should be about 1300psi, if I use the Summit valve above. Then adjust and repeat until I get 2500psi. Same for the reverse rotation.

Then reset the system RV to 2400psi.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,182  
Hi, I'm new to here. I bought the Leking KV128 last year, so it's been almost a year now. Please bear with me if my English isn't perfect. I'm Korean, BTW. The model I purchased seems to have been discontinued due to too many issues. The swing pinion and boom swing bracket broke, and I had to replace the travel motor. I also installed a crossover relief valve. Now, I'm using it well.
20230126_124019.jpg

Attachments

• 20230413_164922.jpg
    20230413_164922.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • weld.png
    weld.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 75
  • 20230613_150950.jpg
    20230613_150950.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • crossover valve.png
    crossover valve.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,183  
Maybe, but if you set the shock-RVs to lower than system pressure, you will not be able to utilize full system pressure when the valve is actuated.
That is the downside of a simple system.

IME, swing tends to run at a lower pressure than system. And the cushion runs even lower. But the valving involved is far more complex than is easily available to us.

since the primary purpose is to protect the swing motor and gears, my guess is about 150 PSI below system would be a good start

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,184  
Hi, I'm new to here. I bought the Leking KV128 last year, so it's been almost a year now. Please bear with me if my English isn't perfect. I'm Korean, BTW. The model I purchased seems to have been discontinued due to too many issues. The swing pinion and boom swing bracket broke, and I had to replace the travel motor. I also installed a crossover relief valve. Now, I'm using it well.
View attachment 852029
Hello and welcome. Your English is much better than our Korean. I have watched all of your videos , you have been responsive and helpful. I installed a crossport relief valve on my machine after watching your video and am very pleased with the result. I made a short tutorial and posted on another forum, I gave you credit in the file. That has incouraged many others to install a relief valve on their machines to protect the moving parts. Keep up the good work.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,185  
I plan on posting how the DDP goes. Tracking , carrier service , transport time, paperwork , the full catastrophe.
Hi Fredrik,

Did you get your machine yet, or is it still in transit? Or maybe you are having fun with the new tool!

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,186  

Thanks for posting, JAMES, and welcome to TBN.

Before the pinion gear broke, was there noticeable slop between it and the ring gear? How many hours on your mini?

Since your machine came with the boom-swing option, it sure seems that that circuit needs some cushioning, too. The boom-up/boom-down could use shock RVs, too, but I do not think the jerkiness in that circuit will break anything.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,187  
I installed a crossport relief valve on my machine after watching your video and am very pleased with the result. I made a short tutorial and posted on another forum, I gave you credit in the file.
Can you post a link or direct us to where you posted the tutorial?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,188  
Can you post a link or direct us to where you posted the tutorial?
Sure thing. Join the Facebook group here. It's in the " Files" section under "Cushion Valve" If you don't have or like Facebook let me know and I'll get it to you. facebook.com/groups/5508502585925303

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,189  
Hello and welcome. Your English is much better than our Korean. I have watched all of your videos , you have been responsive and helpful. I installed a crossport relief valve on my machine after watching your video and am very pleased with the result. I made a short tutorial and posted on another forum, I gave you credit in the file. That has incouraged many others to install a relief valve on their machines to protect the moving parts. Keep up the good work.
Thank you. I'm glad I could help you.
I recommend that you also perform the attached tests for your safety.

Attachments

• swing test.png
    swing test.png
    376.2 KB · Views: 68
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,190