Comparison in need of a smaller tractor

/ in need of a smaller tractor
maximizing tractor time sounds like a good idea.

looks like the ls may be out because it has a smaller than standard ssqa.

waiting for prices from 2 kubota dealers a deere dealer and 2 massey dealers

/ in need of a smaller tractor #12  
The choices you are looking at would suit your needs for sure. I am prejudiced towards the LS, a lot of "bang for the buck". When I was shopping for a SCUT, my choices were narrowed down to either Kioti or Massey..... then I stumbled upon LS! The LS was $1000 less than the Massey, $1200 less than the Kioti. This was almost 4 years ago, so prices have been coming closer together.

There are differences between the different manufacturers, so I would suggest going to sit on them, see how they "feel" to you. The LS fit me better than the others. I had my MT125 TLB for 2 yrs, 220 hours of hard work, not one problem.

Hope you can find a suitable machine, keep us posted!

/ in need of a smaller tractor #13  
Change out the tires on the 2650 and call it good.

/ in need of a smaller tractor #14  
I’m in the Massey fan club. I have a 19’ 1723e @225 hours. That replaced a 14’ 1710 @575 hours. Both TLB both MMM. The decks cut very well and the new machine has the larger 60”. Sell your JD and the B, get 1 machine to do it all. That was my plan and it has worked well, 6 acre “farmette”. No issue with either.

I use the machine both on our property and commercially.

I’m in the Massey fan club. I have a 19’ 1723e @225 hours. That replaced a 14’ 1710 @575 hours. Both TLB both MMM. The decks cut very well and the new machine has the larger 60”. Sell your JD and the B, get 1 machine to do it all. That was my plan and it has worked well, 6 acre “farmette”. No issue with either.

I use the machine both on our property and commercially.

is there a way to add backhoe to the 1723e after the fact?

/ in need of a smaller tractor #16  
Yard Damage is not an indicator your tractor is too large but rather your R4 tires are just too aggressive. Even a BX2380 with R4 will tear up a lawn.

Change all your of your B2650 tires to turf and your yard damage problem will be solved. It's also alot cheaper than taking a potential loss at trade in time. Turf is also best for snow traction.

Last edited:
Yard Damage is not an indicator your tractor is too large but rather your R4 tires are just too aggressive. Even a BX2380 with R4 will tear up a lawn.

Change all your of your B2650 tires to turf and your yard damage problem will be solved. It's also alot cheaper than taking a potential loss st trade in time. Turf is also best for snow traction.

it is adding ruts not just torn up grass

/ in need of a smaller tractor #18  
I've owned a B3300 and a BX2370. I can say for certain that the larger B tractor was not any harder on the lawn than the BX. If your tires are loaded, I'd suggest dumping the fluid out and see if that helps your rut problem.

/ in need of a smaller tractor #19  
I own a 2800 lb Kioti CK4010SEHC, which is a larger tractor than your B2650. My factory supplied R4 tires were rutting, tearing up my turf and were just overly aggressive. I really avoided using it on quality grassy lawn areas, until I switched all four wheels to turf tires. Cost me $980. Now there are no ruts and no marks and no damage, as long as there is no rain. And I still do everything I did before with the R4 tires, with the understanding that my sidewalls are the weak points of these tires, so avoid running over small stumps.

/ in need of a smaller tractor #20  
About half of our property is in a flood plain. The small creek comes out of its banks anywhere between 0 and a half dozen or so times per year. A couple days after the water recedes I can get on it without ripping things up or making ruts. This is with loaded R4's on 3 different tractors since 2002.