Comparison in need of a smaller tractor

/ in need of a smaller tractor #21  
Tamer...if most of what you do is mowing, like I do, turfs are best. They ride smoother and distribute the weight to a more even footprint. Weight will make a difference if you drive in the same tire tracks over and over. Even with the wife's x744 we have to change the pattern mowing the yard to keep from imprinting the ground. Do what I did, drive many different tractors and make tight turns on gravel and see how bad the front tires scrub. If they scrub the gravel, they will tear your sod up. Yes, some are way better than others....drive them.

/ in need of a smaller tractor #22  
is there a way to add backhoe to the 1723e after the fact?

I would imagine it can be done, but would also expect it to be spendy when compared to getting it from the start.

/ in need of a smaller tractor
I don't do mowing yet. we have the x350 for that now. but my yard is not very large just mainly moving rocks/logs and mulch around. may do some light ground work when we get the garden going. its a matter of we bought a tractor at least a size to big for our property with no expectations of buying more property in the next 10 years.

adding money to put turfs on the b is not an option especially if they are 1000 for the set.

/ in need of a smaller tractor #24  
ls mt122 with loader (don't know much about these)

ls dealer is the furthest away and kubota is the closest.

I don't need to be talked out of selling my tractor I need experiences from those that have owned the ones listed above....I have been told ls tractors are not as fit and finished as others.

LS is fine. Many of us are happy with them. I don't think the 122 offers much though which is why so many of us went with the 125.

it is adding ruts not just torn up grass

That's a matter of weight more than anything else. All of the SCUTs are going to be 1,500 pounds or more, closer to 2,000 with FEL and operator, let alone a load in the bucket. Best way to deal with that is schedule tasks when ground is dry as much as possible. Second thought would be a wagon or trailer of some kind to haul behind which would help distribute the load.

/ in need of a smaller tractor #25  
is there a way to add backhoe to the 1723e after the fact?

The TLB version has different frame pieces and hydraulic runs, so the non-TLB version can't be upgraded to a TLB version.
Mine is a TLB and I use the BH all the time for stump removal and trenching.

when we were shopping we were looking for a 2301 on turfs but couldn't find one. we happened upon a deal on our 2650 at the dealer. bought it without demoing it of course. would have liked a 1025r but the prices on those are ridiculous

/ in need of a smaller tractor #27  
it is adding ruts not just torn up grass

Must be some pretty soft/wet ground then. My yard is all clay and pretty wet & spongy right now but the BX2380 with loader & turf tires is not rutting it up at all. I bought the BX with turfs precisely because my Bobcat S185 was making ruts.
If you're adamant about moving down in tractor size you may want to sell your B first and start out fresh if shopping new. I was shopping new but happened upon the 28 hour used BX from Barlow in Kentucky and bought that. Even with the delivery charge I saved thousands over new.

Must be some pretty soft/wet ground then. My yard is all clay and pretty wet & spongy right now but the BX2380 with loader & turf tires is not rutting it up at all. I bought the BX with turfs precisely because my Bobcat S185 was making ruts.
If you're adamant about moving down in tractor size you may want to sell your B first and start out fresh if shopping new. I was shopping new but happened upon the 28 hour used BX from Barlow in Kentucky and bought that. Even with the delivery charge I saved thousands over new.

exactly what is going on.

/ in need of a smaller tractor #29  
   / in need of a smaller tractor #30  
I have a b2650 and a bx2200. Both have unloaded turf tires, both have belly mowers. I can tell you the only time the b is harder on the lawn is if I turn the wheels without moving or take a high speed tight turn. If you are experiencing rutting now with unloaded tires, you will experience rutting with a bx. The b is heavier, but the tires are bigger so you are distributing the weight over a larger area. I know you don't want to be talked out of replacing your b, but if I had to get rid of one, it would be the bx hands down. The b is better for everything except mowing. I recommend you get a set of turfs and take off your loader when mowing. I keep the bx because it is more nimble around the yard and I can mow faster with it. Consider that most b sized implements don't fit the bx, the b is so so so much more comfortable in the seat, the b has position control, and the loader capacity/lift height is much greater. If you have a soft lawn, you need to be looking at something much lighter than even the bx. I think you can get some really fat turfs for your b, just make sure they clear the mmm. Finally, on the loss you will take on selling your b, you can probably buy a really nice ZTR. Good luck with your research.