Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE?

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #11  
If I was running on asphalt, or gravel all the time, I'd go R4. Once I get off in to grass, or dirt, I want my R1's. The tractor with R4's could be running bald turfs and be no worse at my place... If I changed it to R1's I might actually use it once in a while...

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #12  
The L2501 is a very capable and popular tractor.
As far as implements, I personally would go with a box blade for gravel work, particularly on a grade where you need to move material back up the hill.
Also a personal opinion... fill the tires and skip the additional wheel weights. My L4060 takes 55 gallons in each rear wheel for a fluid weight of 358 lbs. There are tables on the www that will tell you how much fluid goes into the L2501 tires to give you an idea of how much weight will be added. You could always add the iron weights later if you wanted.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #13  
There are tables on the www that will tell you how much fluid goes into the L2501 tires to give you an idea of how much weight will be added. You could always add the iron weights later if you wanted.

Kubota L2501 Tires
Standard tires (ag):Front: 5-15. Rear: 11.2-24 (2WD)
Front: 7.2-16. Rear: 11.2-24 (4WD)
Industrial front:27x8.50-15 (4WD)
Industrial rear:15-19.5 (4WD)

R1/ag tires = 200 pounds per rear tire. (water)

R4/industrial tires = 325 pounds per rear tire. (Rely T25 ballast)
R4/industrial tires = 280 pounds per rear tire estimated (water)

Last edited:
   / Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #14  
Look at the mx series if you want bigger and more power,For 75 acres i would want more tractor than the 2501.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #15  
I would get the pirahna toothbar also i have one and love it, I have 2 tractors with regular toothbars and they work well for digging but the pirahna is much better, I would go box blade also ,

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #16  
Thank you for your insight.....Now you have me thinking about a L3560 since I like the idea of more weight and width. Since I don't expect to be heavy PTO user, and I like the simplicity of being under 26hp, can you suggest some other benefits of the L3560 over the L2501 in addition to the size that justifies the heftier price tag? Thanks.

I recently purchased an L2501 with FEL. That is my first tractor, I bought it for my 30 acres that I am clearing and cleaning.

I am now shopping a larger tractor. The 2501 looks great on paper, but as soon as you start doing anything substantial, you will learn it’s limitations very quickly.

My advise would be to buy something bigger from the get go. I’m no expert at all, so I have no idea what to recommend. I would just go bigger than the 2501.

Sidenote: i like the 2501 so much for some of the work that I do, that I am going to keep it to go along with the bigger tractor.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #17  
I recently purchased an L2501 with FEL.

I am shopping a larger tractor. The 2501 looks great on paper, but as soon as you start doing anything substantial, you learn it’s limitations quickly.

My advice is to buy something bigger heavier from the get go. I’m no expert, so I have no idea what to recommend.

The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers. Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other single (1) specification.

The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to first identify potential tractor applications, then, through consulataton, establish bare tractor weight necessary to safely accomplish your applications. Tractor dealers, experienced tractor owners and TractorByNet.com are sources for weight recommendations.

Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

Within subcompact and compact tractor categories, a significant tractor capability increase requires a bare tractor weight increase of 50%. It takes a 100% increase in bare tractor weight to elicit MY-OH-MY!

Shop your weight range within tractor brands. Budget will eliminate some choices. Collect a dealer brochure for each tractor model in your weight range. I spreadsheet tractor and implement specs, often a revealing exercise. I have a column for cost per pound.

Most tractors under 3,000 pounds bare weight operate in residential or hobby farm applications on one to ten flat acres.

Selling a used tractor is easy. Selling multiple light implements in order to buy heavier, wider implements for a new, heavier tractor requires a lot of time. Depreciation on implements is worse than depreciation on a tractor.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

Last edited:
   / Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE?
My property in the Texas hill country is rocky and hilly. My half-mile driveway is narrow, curvy and fairly steep in places.

The L2501 is an economy tractor.

The L3560 is the lightest of Kubota's 'Grand L' series, all deluxe kit compact tractors. The axles are much beefier and protected from collisions by guards. The TPH is also much heavier and has telescoping Lower Links and telescoping, pin adjustable Lower Link stabilizers. TPH has additional adjustment modes and more adjustment increments within each mode. TPH raises via twin external hydraulic cylinders, which is smoother then L2501 rock shaft elevation. (These features make implement attachment relatively easy.) ((PTO connection remains exasperating.)) R4 tire spread adjustment standard. (Standard R4 tire spread is 60") (10-ply R4 front tires standard, 8-ply R4 rear tires standard.)
Grand Ls are very quiet, relative to standard L tractors. The operator's station is commodious. Mine has a suspension seat. Tilt steering wheel. Flat floor.

Ground level fueling.
Diesel consumption = 1/2 gph.

The HST/PLUS 3+3 range HST transmission, however, is the best feature on all the Grand Ls. Within HST/PLUS my favorite features are the additional range augmentation or 'step' on each of three HST ranges (3+3) and Stall Guard.

VIDEOS (1):

VIDEOS (2):

KUBOTA WEB SITE:
T-B-N ARCHIVE:
Kubota Grand L features site:tractorbynet.com

Attachments

• DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 500
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 316
  • fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 512
  • DSC00420.jpg
    DSC00420.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 444
  • DSC00418.jpg
    DSC00418.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC00692.JPG
    DSC00692.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 997
Thank you! Super helpful!

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #19  
It's more economical if you can select and purchase the right equipment for your specific needs once instead of making multiple purchases that don't quite work right. It is doubtful that tractors are going to do anything except go up in price. There are probably a bunch of people wishing they had bought that "Xyz" pre-emission tractor years ago at the price they where charging then instead of buying today.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #20  
I recently purchased an L2501 with FEL. That is my first tractor, I bought it for my 30 acres that I am clearing and cleaning.

I am now shopping a larger tractor. The 2501 looks great on paper, but as soon as you start doing anything substantial, you will learn it’s limitations very quickly.

My advise would be to buy something bigger from the get go. I’m no expert at all, so I have no idea what to recommend. I would just go bigger than the 2501.

Sidenote: i like the 2501 so much for some of the work that I do, that I am going to keep it to go along with the bigger tractor.
Yep, been there, done that.

I first purchased a B2601 and quickly realized it was too small for my needs.
I ended up purchasing the L2501, which has been great but, I could have gone bigger. And, maybe I will sometime down the road but, for now, the L2501 is getting the job done.

Mike