Instrument fault reset? Help!

/ Instrument fault reset? Help! #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Yesterday the spousal unit and son were cleaning up the yard a bit in prep for Hurricane Matthew and the boy was using my MX to move chicken coops. They says there was a little puff of smoke and he shut it down. Didn't say there where any noises or anything else. He's young so my standing guidance is that if he has any issues while I'm gone he turns it off and lowers any implements he can and walks away.

Anyway it's flashing "P0087" but no other faults. The fuel was low and it took nearly 11 gallons so I'm thinking maybe it sucked some air as he was driving around? Is there a way to reset it and see if the fault comes back?

I ran it for about an hour swapping out implements and finishing yard clean up without any hiccups or issues and the tractor and chainsaw are probably my most needed tools for the next two days so I'd rather it be fully functional instrument wise if possible.

/ Instrument fault reset? Help! #2  
I did a quick check on the internet and the code "P0087" for many vehicles has to do with low pressure in the common rail fuel injection system. I was not able to find any codes for Kubota. Perhaps low fuel in your tank resulted in that code. You refilled and its running OK now??? I'll bet there is a reset button somewhere or some mystical procedure you must perform to reset the flashing code. Somebody on TBN surely knows the solution.

/ Instrument fault reset? Help!
Exactly what I found an am hoping.

Probably have to turn the key on and off 3.5 times, hit the breaks once, left turn signal, start and I'll be fine:rolleyes:

Well I put about 9 hours on it between yesterday and today. Not one hiccup.

Bump for anyone that knows how to reset the fault warning?

/ Instrument fault reset? Help! #5  
You can try to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so.
On most stuff that will reset the computer.

Dang, looking for other stuff and found my old post. Incase anyone else has this issue, it turned out to be a dirty connection between the fuel pressure regulator and the brain. I checked connections on both ends and thought it was one a single wire but if you remove the loader you can see the coupler sitting behind the engine. Sprayed connector cleaner in it, brass brush and good to go.

Also for resetting fuel related codes this is what I found and what worked for my issue:
With the key off, hold both the inhibit regen switch, and the parked regen switch. Then, while still holding the switches, turn the key on. On the dash will flash "a". Hit the parked regen switch again to toggle to the "b" option. Hold the regen switch until it says "off". Turn off the key, and it should be cleared."

/ Instrument fault reset? Help! #7  
Dang, looking for other stuff and found my old post. Incase anyone else has this issue, it turned out to be a dirty connection between the fuel pressure regulator and the brain. I checked connections on both ends and thought it was one a single wire but if you remove the loader you can see the coupler sitting behind the engine. Sprayed connector cleaner in it, brass brush and good to go.

Also for resetting fuel related codes this is what I found and what worked for my issue:
With the key off, hold both the inhibit regen switch, and the parked regen switch. Then, while still holding the switches, turn the key on. On the dash will flash "a". Hit the parked regen switch again to toggle to the "b" option. Hold the regen switch until it says "off". Turn off the key, and it should be cleared."

I liked your other method better...lol Probably have to turn the key on and off 3.5 times, hit the breaks once, left turn signal, start and I'll be fine