Interesting Grader / Cutting Edge

/ Interesting Grader / Cutting Edge #1  

RDrancher

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland
Check out this cheese grater cutting edge. Easygrader - YouTube

I'm not sure...but I think the operator is saying something about his big blue tractor. :D Wish I could understand what he's saying. The cutting edge doesn't look very stout, so I'm interested in the theory behind it's use. Sifting?

/ Interesting Grader / Cutting Edge #2  
I think it looks flimsy because they attached it to a tractor that looks like 90HP and 12,000lbs. Otherwise it seems to work really well on a road that looks perfect to begin with.

/ Interesting Grader / Cutting Edge #3  
Looks like he is pulling lots of dirt and grass out into the road . I thought that was a no no .

/ Interesting Grader / Cutting Edge #4  
Seems like it would just clog up pretty easily.

/ Interesting Grader / Cutting Edge #5  
I have seen these in person, actually very well built. There just is not enough room under these tractors to have what I would consider "enough room". Besides lack of ground clearance, the big down fall that I see is that the moldboard is very short and material would constantly be going over it, other than in the final stages of finish grading. But then that is probably what it was intended for when it was designed and the video is showing that it can be used in rougher ground. Maybe they are trying to expand it's market. :confused3:

Just my :2cents: