Internet based TV

/ Internet based TV #1  

podagrower

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC 40
Anybody have experience with InternetVue 2100 wireless PC2TV adapter DVI VGA or similar products to send internet TV shows to their TV wirelessly? I'm ready to ditch the dish, I think.

Anybody have experience with Magic Jack? (Might as well ditch the phone while we're at it)

/ Internet based TV #2  
We have an Apple system that does that. The apple remote is a pain as it's slow texting but otherwise it's great. We can also rent movies on the system.

There is a lot to view if one gets interested. Documentaries are nice and there are some movies[quality??] for free. Some serial TV programs are also available.:D

Check out "Doc Martin" or "Agatha Christie"

/ Internet based TV #3  
We use our NetFlix account to stream movies to a Roku box. We have a 3Mbit DSL connection and it works flawlessly. The Roku is very easy to set up and it can be connected to the internet wired or wireless. NetFlix also allows you to view movies on your PC so that another avenue.

SimS

/ Internet based TV #4  
We use netflix too, I haven't had cable tv in over 3 years.

I have to one disk out plan with bluray, $11 a month can't be beat. I use a roku box and a PS3 with 1.5 MBps.

/ Internet based TV #5  
Consumer Reports tried out the Magic Jack and were favorably surprised. You need to have true high speed internet, either cable or DSL. The good thing is you can make calls for free, just the $20/year charge. The bad part is you get assigned a random telephone number, not necessarily in your area code. Your next door neighbor would have to make a toll call to you. You could keep your regular phone without long distance service for receiving calls and making local calls and just use the magic jack phone for long distance calls. It would still be a savings. Also, 911 doesn't work with Magic Jack.