#@%-*#. IRS

/ #@%-*#. IRS #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
When the second stimulus payment (debit card), my wife received one but I did not. When the third payment was issued, my wife got one but I did not. Married filing jointly. Tried calling IRS, but it was the middle of tax season and no answer from IRS.

So there was a form that allowed you to claim the second payment on your tax return. Submitted it and waited, and waited and waited. After about 3 months we finally get a check, but they disallowed the $600 stimulus payment.

A couple of weeks later I get a letter from IRS telling me that my refund was “adjusted” because the information in their system did not match my 1040.

Now I have been using the same name and SS number on tax returns for over 60 years. Apparently the info in their system was good enough to issue a reduced refund but not the stimulus payment.

In their letter they provided a phone number, different from the typical IRS number, if you want to “discuss” the issue. Just like all the other phone numbers I have called a dozen times, after 5 minutes of push, his push, that you get the same canned recording that sez, “due to extreme call volume we prefer that you get screwed and call back some other time”. Or something like that.

#%&@-#

EDIT. Maybe the IRS thinks I’m dead and don’t have to pay taxes any more. WOO HOO!

Last edited:
   / #@%-*#. IRS #2  
Same thing here, but i have not got any letter.

/ #@%-*#. IRS #3  
Try swearing, it works sometimes.

I had a problem with the service for my widget so I called the service provider.

Their computer answers the phone and asked me some logical questions which I answer. Then it started asking questions I didn't know the answer off the top of my head, and getting frustrated I said "REPRESENATIVE" twice but nothing changed.

So the last question their computer asked me I answered "(swear word) I don't know."

Instantly the phone clicked and a nice, clear, female voice asked "How may I help you today Mr MyName?"

/ #@%-*#. IRS #4  
There was a third stimulus? I never saw that.

/ #@%-*#. IRS
There was a third stimulus? I never saw that.
Yup. First was direct deposit, second was Debit-card and third was direct deposit. I would be happy to give you a phone number at the IRS that they don’t answer. 😁

/ #@%-*#. IRS #6  
The first one I didn't feel that I should get, and used some of it to raise chickens for a couple of local food pantries. Part of the second went to a couple of local charities... by the time they passed the third one out I said *,* it, the money went in the bank toward a small BSM. Now my state says they are handing out $300 to everybody who worked through the shutdowns... why don't they just mind their own business and stop borrowing money to give to those of us who weren't adversely affected? Meanwhile I just read an article about the number of landlords who have been forced to sell out because of no rent receipts for over a year... something I've asked about a few times here in the past.

/ #@%-*#. IRS #7  
When the second stimulus payment (debit card), my wife received one but I did not. When the third payment was issued, my wife got one but I did not. Married filing jointly. Tried calling IRS, but it was the middle of tax season and no answer from IRS.

So there was a form that allowed you to claim the second payment on your tax return. Submitted it and waited, and waited and waited. After about 3 months we finally get a check, but they disallowed the $600 stimulus payment.

A couple of weeks later I get a letter from IRS telling me that my refund was “adjusted” because the information in their system did not match my 1040.

Now I have been using the same name and SS number on tax returns for over 60 years. Apparently the info in their system was good enough to issue a reduced refund but not the stimulus payment.

In their letter they provided a phone number, different from the typical IRS number, if you want to “discuss” the issue. Just like all the other phone numbers I have called a dozen times, after 5 minutes of push, his push, that you get the same canned recording that sez, “due to extreme call volume we prefer that you get screwed and call back some other time”. Or something like that.

#%&@-#

EDIT. Maybe the IRS thinks I’m dead and don’t have to pay taxes any more. WOO HOO!
I got the 1st payment,.....nothing since!
I am apparently in the get screwed category.

/ #@%-*#. IRS #9  
I never got a dime. They were supposed to be sending $1800 after I filed my taxes but I didn’t get it.