is a standard gate enough for B2920 TLB?

/ is a standard gate enough for B2920 TLB? #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
I need a trailer and it seems to be the worst time on history to buy one. I think I need the HD rear gate...the trailer will be general use so not too much time w tractor but i dont want ot to fall apart. anyone have any experience w the standard flimsy gate and a 3k lb tractor? I am thinking 16ft 24" mesh sides

/ is a standard gate enough for B2920 TLB? #2  
Most landscape trailer gates are rated for 1K. Will hold up to more weight but with repeated used will start to bow, and pull the mesh loose unless it has the HD reinforcing bars.

/ is a standard gate enough for B2920 TLB? #3  
Trailers are notoriously under built, buy the heaviest one in the class you are shopping.

If you want one with sides, make sure it has tie down points in the floor, securely chaining a tractor cannot be done going over the side walls.

Get the heavy gate if you're 'stuck' on that type trailer. I would prefer ramps, ones that hinge and have legs to support the tail of the trailer during loading.

/ is a standard gate enough for B2920 TLB? #4  
I have a Rice 16' Utility with a gate--Have loaded my BX23 with FEL/BH& 54: belly mower on the gate and never had a problem except I have to play around with the load angle a bit. Also have had my RTV1100 on there numerous times but that's probably lighter.

Attachments

• DSC_0172[1].jpg
    DSC_0172[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 187