Is it just me?

/ Is it just me? #31  
My first vintage tractor was a 1964 MF135 diesel with MultiPower. Bought it in 2006 for $3600 with 4600 hours showing on the gauge. Rebuilt, rewired or replaced everything on that tractor except the engine, tranny and rear end.

Spent a few months getting up close and personal with that machine. A great way to learn the ins and outs of tractor restoration. The experience came in handy when I bought the next five vintage tractors and ran into many of the problems you mention during restoration.

Good luck and enjoy your refurbished 135.

/ Is it just me? #32  
Sure you can have a slash out the back of Burke, but you've got buckleys doing that in the big smoke!

Some yobbo'll dob you in.

:D :D That's the best line yet ..... it's made my day! :laughing: :laughing:

/ Is it just me?
Just finished slashing all round the house (10 acres) (I'm not going to encourage you blokes)
The 135 looked a real sight with no Bonnet, guards or Dash. I've stripped her for a paint job.
Thought I'd better get the grass down, Looks like it's going to be a bad fire summer, lots of spring growth.
I tell Ya I'm Stonkered, It doesn't take much to knock me up these days. After Smoko I'm gonna have a Kip.
Hooroo John

/ Is it just me? #34  
The gremlin is here too. I have the better part of 4 days into fixing one stupid rear tire on a JD2210. The latest challenge is getting the bead to seat. Even had the wife standing by with a cell phone while I gave it the ether and match treatment tonight...no dice. It's out there now stretched apart with 2x4s, and in the morning I'll cook it into that shape with a salamander and try to seat it one-more-time. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll spend $30 at TSC for a very expensive inner tube.

Also, take the valve stem out of the valve, and the air chuck off of the 1/4" female quick connect, and just push the quick connect directly onto the stem (Yes, with no air chuck). Be careful, it can try to get stuck on the stem and you have to MAN handle it back off.

/ Is it just me? #35  
Sure you can have a slash out the back of Burke, but you've got buckleys doing that in the big smoke!

Some yobbo'll dob you in.

Might need a translation for that one.

You guys would have some fun getting drunk with some real Cajuns from Louisiana. Wouldn't be anybody understanding anybody else.

One of my favorite sayings..."That thing ain't got enuff power to pull a buttered string out of a hog's arse!"

Patrick, good to know you're an MB MD. :)

/ Is it just me? #36  
Might need a translation for that one.
You guys would have some fun getting drunk with some real Cajuns from Louisiana. Wouldn't be anybody understanding anybody else.
One of my favorite sayings..."That thing ain't got enuff power to pull a buttered string out of a hog's arse!"
Patrick, good to know you're an MB MD. :)

Hi Kyle, it means you can take a pee in the paddock out in the scrub (woods) but no chance in the city (of getting away without being caught).
Re Cajuns: Reminds me of my younger days in military reserve training (yes, as a truck driver, recovery wrecker driver and truck mechanic) we spent one evening during some downtime having BBQ and beers with a regiment of Scots Guards. I can attest we didn't understand one word any of these guys said, but I've never laughed so long and loud before or since. They were as "mad as cut snakes" (crazy) wild boys and could drink like there was no tomorrow!

Oh, you mean "Couldn't pull the skin off cold custard"?

Hey, 1st pic: MF meets MB! :thumbsup: You gotta get it done somehow! :laughing:
2nd & 3rd pics: Some people just have too much spare time! :D

DSC00736.jpg DSC00116.jpg DSC00118.jpg

/ Is it just me? #37  
G'day johnmarq.
Unfortunatly you have just experienced most of the bad points of the 135's but you did manage to get over them.
Good onya.
Hutch.
Like your restoration very well done.

/ Is it just me?
G'day johnmarq.
Unfortunatly you have just experienced most of the bad points of the 135's but you did manage to get over them.
Good onya.
Hutch.
Like your restoration very well done.

Thanks Mate!
She's going like a real beauty bottler now.
Hooroo, John

/ Is it just me? #39  
Hi Kyle, it means you can take a pee in the paddock out in the scrub (woods) but no chance in the city (of getting away without being caught).
Re Cajuns: Reminds me of my younger days in military reserve training (yes, as a truck driver, recovery wrecker driver and truck mechanic) we spent one evening during some downtime having BBQ and beers with a regiment of Scots Guards. I can attest we didn't understand one word any of these guys said, but I've never laughed so long and loud before or since. They were as "mad as cut snakes" (crazy) wild boys and could drink like there was no tomorrow!

Oh, you mean "Couldn't pull the skin off cold custard"?

Hey, 1st pic: MF meets MB! :thumbsup: You gotta get it done somehow! :laughing:
2nd & 3rd pics: Some people just have too much spare time! :D

View attachment 487508 View attachment 487509 View attachment 487510

I been having me some slashes out back too.

/ Is it just me? #40  
Hello out there in vintage tractor land. Relatively new to this world. Picked up a 64 MF 50 C with a front loader and a gannon box. After fiddling with a fuel issue, Perkins 246 diesel was loosing prime and would not fire up (replaced lift pump). Scratched my head over not getting more than 4 cranks before having to jump tractor. Cleaned battery ground to chassis and upsized hot lead to alternator (converted before I bought the old girl) tractor cranks for days now. Been trying to get more info on the proper fluids. It looks like the hydraulics for the FTL are separate from the gear/pto box. I put Permatrans (not perm3) in for FTL seems good so far. That stuff is crazy expensive. Heard that these old tractors have bronze bearings and bushings and that they don’t like all the detergents in modern oils. What and how much fluid should I be putting in the gear box. Can I use a multi grade oil in the Perkins. It’s moving into summer high 90 to low 100 degree weather. Thanks in advance. All help is appreciated folks. Don’t want to make a mechanically fatal mistake and kill the old girl.