Is it used

/ Is it used #1  

Cguthrie

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1835m
I purchased a tractor yesterday assuming I was buying a new tractor and it was delivered last night. The guy who delivered it said it already had 12 hours on it (he assumed I knew). Is this normal?

/ Is it used #2  
I purchased a tractor yesterday assuming I was buying a new tractor and it was delivered last night. The guy who delivered it said it already had 12 hours on it (he assumed I knew). Is this normal?

Welcome to TBN from Missouri.

When I got my Bobcat from the dealer it had 6 hours on the meter.

I’m not sure what is “normal” for new tractors delivered but in my opinion 12 hours doesn’t make it used.

Was it dirty and scuffed like it had been worked or was it nice and shiny like it had only been run in place and driven around?

Perhaps when on the lot they let customers start it and drive around.

Didn’t you pick the exact tractor delivered? What type of tractor did you buy?

MoKelly

/ Is it used
I picked the exact tractor and it didn’t look used except for the extenders on the 3 put hitch. The guy who dropped it off said Massey had used it in their advertising.

/ Is it used #4  
If I would have known it had 12 hrs and was used in their advertisements I probably would have pushed for a free 50 hr service to be included in the sale. But if the tractor appears new it was probably only driven around, possibly some demo rides by other customers. But after delivery? Could make a big deal of it if you wanted. I don't think I've gotten a tractor with less than four on the tac when delivered, pretty sure the last one had 6.2 when I put it on my trailer (and I'd previously put about .5 on it at the dealer just starting it and putzing around their lot while shopping).

/ Is it used #5  
My "brand new" 2009 Kubota M6040 had five hours on the meter when delivered. It had been used as a demo on their lot. They gave me half off on the new rear blade I bought with the tractor. Land Pride - 2584.

They had even shined up the R-1's with some tire black goop. Dust/dirt stuck to this goop - like mad. Took me a while to get it all washed off. Thank God - it was only on the outside of the tires.

Otherwise - no dings, dents, scrapes, rust or bird poop. And it even smelled new........

/ Is it used #6  
Hopefully it came with brandnew warranty ?
My XR4155 was delivered with 11 hours on the meter, other than the hour meter I couldn’t even tell it was used, came With free beet juice in rear tires a discount price and brandnew warranty that started the day it was delivered.

Last edited:
   / Is it used #7  
OMG 12 hours is HUGH.Relax and enjoy your new tractor..

/ Is it used #8  
I'd call the dealer and ask about the hours since you didn't know about them prior to delivery. However, as others have said, 12 hours ain't nothing to be concerned about as long as everything else on the tractor appears new.

Mike

/ Is it used #9  
Welcome to TBN.
You should be fine,good chance dealer let other demo tractor at dealership also use it.