Tires Is rear tire width adjustable?

/ Is rear tire width adjustable?
Did you get the owner's manual when you purchased it? I dunno about the model you have but in my manual they tell you all the width configurations which sometimes involve switching the wheel inside for outside.
And you are correct. I found this picture in the manual. Looks like you get 4 width options depending on how you configure the center plate and outer rim. Mine are in the widest setting now. I should be fine if I just drop down one size. Now to figure out how to move these thinks around when they are filled with beet juice.

Attachments

• Photo Mar 11, 3 12 44 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 11, 3 12 44 PM.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
   / Is rear tire width adjustable?
And you are correct. I found this picture in the manual. Looks like you get 4 width options depending on how you configure the center plate and outer rim. Mine are in the widest setting now. I should be fine if I just drop down one size. Now to figure out how to move these thinks around when they are filled with beet juice.
Actually, that won't work either. Just went and checked and I do not have center plates that are bolted on. Rims are all one piece. I could flip them, but that will narrow the rear 14". I think that's too much for stability. Tractor is 84" wide, trailer is 82" between fenders. Hopefully I won't need to haul it anywhere for a while.

/ Is rear tire width adjustable? #23  
Actually, that won't work either. Just went and checked and I do not have center plates that are bolted on. Rims are all one piece. I could flip them, but that will narrow the rear 14". I think that's too much for stability. Tractor is 84" wide, trailer is 82" between fenders. Hopefully I won't need to haul it anywhere for a while.
Was gonna say, "But you don't have the adjustable rims" :) Agree that swapping side to side would ba too much of a compromise in width over stability, *if* they would fit at all in that configuration.

/ Is rear tire width adjustable? #24  
There is one way which hasn't been mentioned yet, it would involve a lot of time and work.
The tires and rims could be pumped out,broken down,
then the centers cut free of the outer rim, the outer rim moved an 1 1/2" or 2" in on each rim
and rewelded.
Not necessarily the recommended method but it has been done,
tractor pullers will routinely move the centers and even section and widen rims.

/ Is rear tire width adjustable? #25  
Thinking outside the square if the wheels are only a couple of inches too wide can you make up a couple of wooden blocks that you place on the trailer deck where the mudguards are so you can back the tractor up over the guards and back down onto the deck the other side

/ Is rear tire width adjustable? #26  
Another option could be get some wheel spacers and then you could swap sides keeping the tread the same then add spacers to get the width you are looking for. Might need to do some measuring to order the correct spacers but would not be difficult to do.

/ Is rear tire width adjustable? #28  

Why not swap em around and get some wheel spacers to spread them back out some?

And after posting I see KL beat me to punch.

/ Is rear tire width adjustable? #29  
Did you look into different rims? Might be cheaper than a trailer.
A "drive over" solution on the trailer fenders might not be a solution either. In my opinion, you want the tractor's rear tires right at above the trailer axles. Now you sit on top of the fenders.