Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor?

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #41  
I have 2 mahindras an older 2810 3 cylinder and a newer 2538 4 cylinder. They both start equally well but the 4 cylinder is so much smoother quieter and just sounds like it has more power, Both tractors are very close in size and weight , but the 2538 has larger tires front and back. There is no comparison though in power the 2538 is way more powerful, and there is no regen on mahindras,

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #42  
If I was buying today I would look for pre Tier 3 low hours. How far back do we have to go, 2013 or even older than that for a 39 hp tractor?

I thinki you mean you are looking for something prior to Tier 4 Final (2007 to 2013 roughly). Your Tier 3 only applied to engines over 100 hp.

You would be OK with anything Tier 1, Tier 2, or "Tier 4 Interim" for your 30 to 50 hp tractors. ALL manufacturers had changed to Tier 4 Final - which means DPF and full computer emissions systems by 2015 because that was the deadline. MOST made the change in 2013.

If you want a completely mechanical old style diesel to last a lifetime, you'll have to go pre 2007. But the 2007 to 2013 Tier 4 Interim machinses are not a bad compromise. They will work and run at idle, and have individual cylinder mechanical injection and EGR instead of DPF systems.

Don't worry about 3 vs 4 cylinder engines. Both have been around a long time and both are fine.

rScotty

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #43  
I would consider EGR with an egr cooler worse than a dpf. Egr coolers are none to fail and take entire engines out.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #44  
Far as I'm concerned, just a waste of expensive diesel...
Yes, it most certainly is!
I worked for a major 911 emergency system. Our trucks (F-350's with a big box) used to be very fuel efficient when they had the 7.3L powerstroke in them. You could go a 13 hour shift, pedal to the floor practically all shift, and have just under 3/4 of a 60 gal tank left over at the end of shift.

Fast forward a few years..... now the same trucks, run the same way, but with the 6.7L and DPF / DEF injection. Guess what? Now we had to fill up just past 3/4 of the shift hours. Basically using 3 times the amount of fuel.

On top of that, the DPF canisters would have to be replaced anywhere from 75-100K miles..... at a cost of $6K just for the canister! Then the unit was out of service for a couple days, tying up a couple mechanics too! The cab would have to be lifted off to make it easy access.

So definitely a big waste......

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #45  
My 97 F350 Forged rod Powerstroke gets 21 mpg unless I'm pulling my tandem axle gooseneck loaded with round bales, then it drops down to about 18. No emissions on it at all. I even did away with the blowby recirc deal and replaced that with a road draft tube. That is in 2wd with the front hubs in free.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #46  
I agree.... During the DPF and regen debate the whole idea of RPM and traditional diesel efficiency somehow got overlooked. Customers were quick to accept running their new diesels wide open. Not sure why.....

It's gotten crazy, though. I've got a neighbor who bought a new 50 hp Kubota and leaves the throttle at near max all day long. Even when he walks away and it should be idling, he has it sitting there screaming at higher RPM than our old mechanically injected Kubota needs when working hard. It sounds like a race car coming down the straightaway. He says the regen requires it. But honestly I doubt he has ever tried it differently.

rScotty
I keep hearing this. Yet my old L275 burned 2 quarts per operating hour. My L3301, a bit heavier and rated for 6 more horsepower; burns a gallon every two hours. Even over a 4000 hour life span, that isn't significant enough to make a difference. Like it or not that black smoke which spews into the air doesn't just magically disappear. We are on the tail end of the prevailing winds so get all of the pollution that you guys send up... I've seen the air quality deteriorate in the last 30 years, most of which comes from points west.

The newer engines burn more efficiently, which makes up for any perceived loss. I heard the same argument when they started requiring Cats in cars 50 years ago... my father was a great one for punching a hole in them so that he could keep running regular. Yet in the long run engines are more efficient, better, and more powerful than even the muscle cars of the late '60s.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #48  
For me, 25 horsepower isn't even close. I require at least 50 horses to run my round bailer.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #49  
In Maine, everything is west unless you want to get your feet wet.
Yep, and the wind blows all of your crap east.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #50  
Kubota L2501 HST, 4-WD = 2,623 pounds.

2,969 (2515H) - 2623 (L2501) = 346 pounds

2,969 (2515H) / 2623 (L2501) = 1.1319%

It takes a 50% increase in bare tractor weight before an operator can feel a real capability increase.
I think your decimal point is off by one. I am not a mathematician, but I did take my socks of to count my toes to verify.