Is there a better way to refuel the TC series tractors?

/ Is there a better way to refuel the TC series tractors? #31  
I bought this from Amazon a year ago. It works great. I put the 5gal can on a tall stool next to my LX2610 an turn it on. The pump drains the can in under 3min.

That is the same pump you get at HF or Walmart for $10 but theirs don't have an auto stop feature. It's easy enough to watch the level in the tank and turn the switch off.

Just be sure and not have the pump above the fill point. It will siphon and continue to flow after you turn it off.

/ Is there a better way to refuel the TC series tractors? #32  
Maybe it's just me but refueling my 2002 TC40 is just a real PITA! With the filler neck 54" off the ground, climbing up on whichever implement is currently attached and jockeying around with a five gallon can of diesel is no walk in the park. I use the tractor primarily for mowing, splitting firewood and hauling tree trimmings to the burn pile-all this is seasonal work so thank God I don't have to "fill 'er up" often. Tried a ladder but no dice. Now I just partially fill the can(s) to decrease the weight and initial pour angle.
So basically I've just grumbled to myself through the refueling process until a friend recently bought a new Branson tractor with the fuel tank filler neck placed at the same height of the work deck! Makes that job as easy as refueling a riding mower...
Anyone have a better solution as in a nonelectrical pump or? I don't want to detach the implement and trying to keep the spillage/messiness factor to a minimum.
I bought a 55 gallon drum and filled it with diesel and hooked up a Fil-Rite hand pump to fuel my tractors. I bought a drum lifter at HF and when the barrel is empty, I use the front loader to put it in the pickup and refill it with off road diesel.
Works for me.

/ Is there a better way to refuel the TC series tractors? #33  
I struggled with the same issue for years. I noticed each year the weight of a 5 gallon diesel fuel can seemed to increase with each refilling of my tractors. I invested in a 50 gallon fuel transfer tank with manual pump and water separator filter. Bought the tank online at Blain's Farm & Feed; pump is Fill-Rite FR152; added Fill-Rite Hydrosorb fuel filter from Grainger along with necessary black pipe fittings. Finally, mounted the completed unit to a skid made from leftover materials in the barn. When the tank needs to filled, I use the forks on the tractor to load the tank in/out of the pickup truck. As you can see, I store the tank in the barn. When refilling the tractor, I pump fuel and check the fuel gauge until its nearing "full". Haven't had a overfill yet and have been using the transfer tank for two years. Really reduced the effort of refilling all of our equipment.

Attachments

• Fuel Transfer Tank.jpg
    Fuel Transfer Tank.jpg
    846.4 KB · Views: 88
   / Is there a better way to refuel the TC series tractors? #34  
If you have the usage then drums with a pump is definitely the way to go.

I have a diesel generator and two tractors so I go through enough to rotate a couple of drums full 3 or 4 times a year. I have a local supplier deliver.

/ Is there a better way to refuel the TC series tractors? #38  
No offense, but I HATE those cans ! Too slow, takes forever to drain 5 gal. I finally inserted a vent hole cap in my 5 gal cans to let them vent properly, and now I can drain a can in a minute or less.

But the best solution is the 12v submersible pump from ebay. I even use it to pump hydraulic fluid into the reservoir when I do 500 hour service. (besides using it for regular diesel fill ups)
I use two different cans. One is like the sure can and another is a VP Racing 5 gal - I added a ball valve to the fitting in the big cap for turning it on. The VP cans are vented and much quicker. I share you experience with the can with the vent thru the nozzle. I am now 77 and climb up on the tractor with a full can - then place it on the hood and hold down the button while the releases small amounts of fuel, then bubbles to vent, then starts again. Now I empty that can into the VIP can because it is so much faster. I do think I will look into the pump that will fit into the VP and stop the lifting. I also realize that when I am gone (I guess as we get older, we have other concerns) I would like my wife to be able to fuel the tractor. Lifting fuel to sit on the tractor hood just will not work then. The can I have vented thru the nozzle has a VERY stiff button spring and is a real nightmare to use. I am certain that anyone who uses the sure can and it empties in 60 seconds and happy with the way it works has either a better version of the can I have or MUST be a different type of can. But my experience is that venting the can and all the bubbling took me about 10 minutes of holding down that button (wondering if it was all the way down or just slow.

Last edited:
   / Is there a better way to refuel the TC series tractors? #39  
Will two D batteries have enough power to lift fuel 54+ inches into my tank?
For ten bucks it might be worth a try...
Yes but you would have to add some hose to the unit.