Is there any food you do not like?

/ Is there any food you do not like? #161  
Some people will eat anything. Ever watch the TV show with Andrew Zimmern?
To me it's interesting what Leviticus and Deuteronomy has to say about what a person should eat. Some of the most expensive foods like escargot and caviar (snails and fish eggs) I'd never eat.
My brother has eaten really nasty things in some of the 50 countries he visited, the worst I think was a live monkey trapped in a box. Just the head out, eating the brains.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #162  
AZ is just a slob. No need to have that show with real, good food available.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #163  
1629399333161.png

/ Is there any food you do not like? #165  
Ethiopian cuisine. Every few years I'll try to get back into it, yet the resulting digestive issues are always disastrous. My Northern European body just can't digest this mix of ingredients/spices, no matter how well they are prepared. I can eat and enjoy just about any other regional cuisine: Just not this one. Can't eat Grapefruit or cross pollinated Orange/Grapefruit. It tastes like its a poison, and my whole body tells me to stop eating it. Oddly one of the meds I'm taking specifically says, not to eat grapefruit - not a problem cause I hate it. Wish I knew exactly why, and what could be in grapefruit only, for that to be only thing on the prescription it says to stay away from. :)

Last edited:
   / Is there any food you do not like? #166  
Yes - steamed rat. Even the smell makes me puke.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #167  
We don't eat the naugas we kill...we just hunt them for the hides...!

/ Is there any food you do not like? #168  
Snake blood - luckily saved from that in asia, but not the smell.

I don't know how people eat in the NYC subway in the summer. Worst smelling place on earth (but at least is does not smell like snake blood).

/ Is there any food you do not like? #169  
We don't eat the naugas we kill...we just hunt them for the hides...!
When I was a kid, one of our neighbors had something to do with processing the hides. I'd guess that each house on our block had several of those nauga critters running around in them. I bet several dozen between the 10-12 houses.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #170  
Ethiopian cuisine. Every few years I'll try to get back into it, yet the resulting digestive issues are always disastrous. My Northern European body just can't digest this mix of ingredients/spices, no matter how well they are prepared. I can eat and enjoy just about any other regional cuisine: Just not this one. Can't eat Grapefruit or cross pollinated Orange/Grapefruit. It tastes like its a poison, and my whole body tells me to stop eating it. Oddly one of the meds I'm taking specifically says, not to eat grapefruit - not a problem cause I hate it. Wish I knew exactly why, and what could be in grapefruit only, for that to be only thing on the prescription it says to stay away from. :)
Yes! Listen to your body. I believe allergies change over time. I'm allergic to soy, didn't used to be. Also allergic to pork...yes, that includes bacon (acid reflux).
A few years ago I ate a poisonous mushroom growing in the yard. I took one like it and uneaten part with me to hospital.
They said it had "every known poison"
Wanted me to sign a DNR form! They didn't think I'd survive. Wife won't eat any mushroom to this day, thinking I was a gonner!