Is there any food you do not like?

/ Is there any food you do not like? #461  
Dates. And organ meats.
Second on the organ meats. Occasionally liver from game animals, depending on where I shoot them. Organs, and the liver in particular, tend to concentrate the various nasty things the animal intakes, whether it be from food/water and the air. I won‘t eat liver form deer/elk killed up around Leadore.

Yes there is a Leadore, Idaho. And, the EPA/State are negotiating with the private landowners, to buy them out, due to the high levels of lead in the soils.

If you live near areas with chronic wasting disease, avoid any nerve dense tissues. The prions which cause CWD, are a twisted protein, and you can’t destroy them with cooking the meat to destruction.

Last edited:
   / Is there any food you do not like? #463  
My Mother used to make almond stuffed dates. They were great. Dates are high fiber.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #465  
i will eat (almost) anything once, and good stuff repeatedly

/ Is there any food you do not like? #466  
I don't like obscure cereals like quinoa.
My wife has been on a health kick lately and has been cooking that once a week or so. I don't care for it much either.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #467  
I planted some horseradish in 15-gallon containers yesterday. It is quite invasive around here hence the containers. Can't wait to make my own sauce 😋

/ Is there any food you do not like? #468  
As most hunters know the liver of deer and moose can be consumed the day of the kill while the meat has to age/hang before consumed
Well we bagged a nice moose and were all drooling to enjoy that liver for supper.

Problem was it was diseased but showed no signs of being so.
One mouthful turned me off of ever eating liver again.