Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing?

/ Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing? #21  
Tried McMasters, tried eBay. No go

Look at McMaster Carr metric flanged Oilite bushings and they have a 21 mm OD with a 15mm ID, 25 mm long. 3mm flange thickness x 27 mm flange OD. (part linked below) It might work if you ream out the 15mm ID with a 5/8 drill. 5/8 is .005 under 16mm but drills usually drill oversize.

Last edited:
   / Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing? #22  
I've got a lathe and mill. I'll look tomorrow and see if I have any bearing bronze large enough to make it. I used to rebuild Ford Model T starters (1919-1927) and may have the bronze.

What is the outside diameter of the flange?

/ Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing?
Look at McMaster Carr metric flanged Oilite bushings and they have a 21 mm OD with a 15mm ID, 25 mm long. 3mm flange thickness x 27 mm flange OD. (part linked below) It might work if you ream out the 15mm ID with a 5/8 drill. 5/8 is .005 under 16mm but drills usually drill oversize.

I've got a lathe and mill. I'll look tomorrow and see if I have any bearing bronze large enough to make it. I used to rebuild Ford Model T starters (1919-1927) and may have the bronze.

What is the outside diameter of the flange?

Thank you gents! Tinhack, is it possible to resize the piece jmc posted from McMasters? I’d happily pay for the service as I don’t any a way to clamp and drill it out.

/ Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing? #24  
Just wondering, what is this piece used for on seat? How accurate do you have to be.

/ Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing? #25  
Can tell you, it's a pivot bushing on an air ride seat. Nothing fancy at all.

/ Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing? #26  
Thank you gents! Tinhack, is it possible to resize the piece jmc posted from McMasters? I’d happily pay for the service as I don’t any a way to clamp and drill it out.

If tinhack has an adjustable three jaw or a four jaw chuck then it will be possible to resize the bore.

/ Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing? #27  
Resizing the bore larger is not a problem. I have drill bits, boring bars and reamers. What I don't have is the stock. :(

The bushing stock I have is already cored too large. It has a 17+mm bore (0.675"). The solid stock I have is too small on the OD.

Resizing the bore larger is not a problem. I have drill bits, boring bars and reamers. What I don't have is the stock. :(

The bushing stock I have is already cored too large. It has a 17+mm bore (0.675"). The solid stock I have is too small on the OD.

Would it help if I bought that bushing from McMasters and send it to you to be bored out?

/ Is there anyone that can lathe a bushing? #29  
Would it help if I bought that bushing from McMasters and send it to you to be bored out?
Yes, thanks. I'll PM my address and phone.

I don't buy material for other folks any more. Got burned and left holding the bag too many times.

I checked McMaster-Carr and didn't see any minimum orders or shipping. The last time I ordered from there was probably 5+ years ago and there were restrictions on both. You couldn't buy a single item like that bushing unless you paid something like $25-$30 for it. o_O

I completely understand! I can actually prepay for your time & shipping before the part even arrives. I’ll be in touch via messenger.

Thank you ALL for pitching in your suggestions!!!