Box Scraper Is there really a difference in box blades?

/ Is there really a difference in box blades? #41  
It means I can drill a post hole in hard ground and can actually force my scarifiers into the ground. Having a heavy tractor does nothing for a implement like a blade or box scraper. You need the weight on the implement not the tractor axle.

Getting the down force kit kept me from getting the tilt/turn option which I don't need anyway as I have a dozer blade for my CTL

For 3 point phd's you can add a down force kit to them for less money. A heavy built box blade will force the scarifiers into the ground with no problem and have the structural strength to handle the forces too. If you need to get aggressive with a box blade and move a lot of dirt you have to have enough weight on the tractor. Without the weight on the tractor you will spin and slip the tires and wear them out prematurely. Ripping with a box blade requires high tractive forces, one of the hardest implements to pull imo.

Top and tilt hitch is used every day without it box blade and land plane work, quick hitch hook up is more difficult. Not everyone has the same needs but I will say tractor weight is important for box blade work.

/ Is there really a difference in box blades? #42  
Notice the 3 pt arm hookup, normally goes along with a better quality than the single pin tab on other's, other's may disagree, my .02 cents.

Ronnie

Yes I prefer the clevis hitches for high draft applications. Doesn't cost much to add to most implements and is popular on new implements I see by major brands. The box blade in my pictures is a 2004 model and is a rebadged Gannon industrial model, Frontier BB1284. I think the newer Frontiers are made by Tuffline today which are almost as good.