Is this 25-gal sprayer decent at $150? Suggest a weed killer?

/ Is this 25-gal sprayer decent at $150? Suggest a weed killer? #41  
Spaying today:
Was just killing clover today in a lot next door, full of bermuda grass that I'd like to keep. Had a 2.1 gpm running at about 30 psi. Was using a short boom with two number 3 spray tips. Was going about 4 mph with crews control on a john Deere D170 lawn tractor pulling a 30 gal tank. Ran out at about 3/4 acre. Filed it up again finished the total 1 1/2 acre. Then I went to spot spraying by turning the sprayer on and off, at selected spots of heavy clover. Sorry, not using Glyphosate. Don't want to kill everything.

7 nozzle boom:
Thinking about moving to the 7 nozzle boom with number 2 spray tips and 140" spray width. Then moving up to a 3.8 gpm 45 psi pump. FIMCO 7 Nozzle Deluxe ATV Boom Kits

Stay lined up on the field:
I had my wife move traffic cones at 8' width. Once I made 2 trips on the field, she moved two of the cones. I'd stay lined up on the field pretty straight. each trip I'd pass through two cones as they were moved across the field.

http://www.enichesoftware.com/shop/tractor.htm
Vern

Attachments

• sprayer30.jpg
    sprayer30.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
   / Is this 25-gal sprayer decent at $150? Suggest a weed killer? #42  
beppington said:
Just wondering if anyone knows if this 25-gal, 12V tank & sprayer is decent at $150?

CountyLine Deluxe Spot Sprayer, 25 gal. Capacity - 2137081 | Tractor Supply Company

I'm wanting to spray weed killer along my new 3,400' fenceline. I'd set the tank in the bed of my Kawasaki Mule & drive the fenceline while spraying.

BTW, please suggest a weed killer if you could ... I think Home Depot's RoundUp is gonna cost me an arm & a leg :eek:

I just can't believe how quickly & thoroughly dense weeds have overtaken my brand new fence :(

I have this sprayer only it's a pull behind with the boom and the hand sprayer. I've used it for two years with excellent results. The only problem I had was a plastic diverter valve that cracked and leaked. It had standard garden hose fittings on it. I bought a brass one at Lowes for $5.99 and it's better than new.

/ Is this 25-gal sprayer decent at $150? Suggest a weed killer?
I have this sprayer only it's a pull behind with the boom and the hand sprayer. I've used it for two years with excellent results. The only problem I had was a plastic diverter valve that cracked and leaked. It had standard garden hose fittings on it. I bought a brass one at Lowes for $5.99 and it's better than new.

Interesting - Right out of the box my diverter leaked ... but it was one of the valve levers. There's an o-ring in the there & a screw that holds the little lever on. I tightened the screw, but it still leaked, spraying straight. I found a phone # to call for parts, decided I paid enough for it that they could just send me a new one. I called & they sent it within about a week.

/ Is this 25-gal sprayer decent at $150? Suggest a weed killer? #44  
What did you end up using to control weeds and how did it work for you? I always have trouble with clover...

/ Is this 25-gal sprayer decent at $150? Suggest a weed killer?
What did you end up using to control weeds and how did it work for you? I always have trouble with clover...

Well, by the time I got the original unit replaced & up & running ... winter set in & I have no weeds :confused3: :laughing: ... so I haven't actually used it, yet. I did buy a 2.5-gal jug of one of those RoundUp off-brands ... but again, haven't even opened it, yet.

/ Is this 25-gal sprayer decent at $150? Suggest a weed killer? #46  
....so at least you're ready for the initial growth spurt in the spring. I believe this stuff is most effective during growth periods.