Buying Advice Is this even a 445?

/ Is this even a 445? #11  
For 4,000 that machine will do a lot of work. It looks like it’s in pretty good condition and the back tires look pretty new.

/ Is this even a 445? #12  
In post #7 you were crying about AC .......:D^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/ Is this even a 445? #13  
In post #7 you were crying about AC .......:D^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Personally I wouldn’t have a cab without AC. I do the vast majority of my work in the summer and a cab without ac is a greenhouse on wheels. An open station ( which all my equipment is ) is way better.

/ Is this even a 445? #14  
Ok, that is an old torque converter drive in that tractor they have a tendency to get pretty sloppy and loose over the years.
It is not feasible to add a pto, a three point hitch could be added but if you remove that concrete block that tractor will be almost helpless in snow or mud.
Also I don't know your location but with it being fluid drive your brakes are all that stop and hold that tractor, if the brakes are not good and the parking brake is not real good she could be hard to stop and real hard to park on a hill.
It sounds like it may be in good shape and that is a very low amount of hours for that age machine.

/ Is this even a 445? #15  
Personally I wouldn稚 have a cab without AC. I do the vast majority of my work in the summer and a cab without ac is a greenhouse on wheels. An open station ( which all my equipment is ) is way better.

Ya so you can yell at the guys working for you easier...........LOL

/ Is this even a 445?
Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to weigh in. I feel a lot better making this purchase. I will share updates once I get it and do some work with it. My test drive was both terrifying and exhilarating because my only point of reference is my GC1710 :D and the Ford feels enormous.

/ Is this even a 445? #17  
Well you did manage to sell that ford backhoe for a big price. I壇 a lot rather have this to it.

I may have missed something here.
Will this dig a 2' wide, 10' deep trench?
And.....where is the thumb?

/ Is this even a 445? #18  
I must have missed something here.
Will this dig a 2' wide 10' deep trench?

No but it’s about 25 years newer, a good bit stronger loader, shuttle shift trans, and half the price.

/ Is this even a 445? #19  
Buy it if all you want to do is scoop material or push heavy objects in good traction areas.
Adding a 3point or PTO will require a lot of expense/work.
You could get a Case 580 2WD backhoe for 6-8k.

/ Is this even a 445?
You mentioned good traction a couple of times. Are you saying that this machine doesn't perform well on surfaces that aren't paved? I am planning on using it on a 3 acre orchard/garden. I requested a utility management company to drop free mulch if they could and they dropped about 100 yard of mulch in one day and moving it with gc1710 was painful to say the least. I tried looking for case 580 and the cheapest machine around me was 14k. Thank you so much for your input.