Buying Advice Is this even a 445?

/ Is this even a 445? #31  
Wow, and here I was thinking a backhoe is pretty much the “Swiss army knife” of outdoor equipment. Mine was extremely versatile. It had all the attachments you listed, actually more. I had a hydraulic tamper, compactor wheel, 4 buckets and hydraulics out front, power shift transmission. I could literally build anything with it, then plow snow or stack 1500lb hay bales, too.
Or am I misinterpreting what you’re saying?

A backhoe with attachments will do pretty much anything within its size class. A backhoe limited to a bucket on the front and back isn’t so great.

/ Is this even a 445?
Although my experience is extremely limited and my massey gc1710 backhoe is like a toy compared to the big machines, I did get a chance to use both a deere 310 and a rental standalone backhoe. The standalone backhoe was a dream to use compared to the setup I had to do with the deere backhoe.

Having said that, here is my next question. When buying from a private party, what documents should I expect to get from the seller to make sure I am deemed rightful owner of this machine? I am in CT if that helps.

/ Is this even a 445? #33  
That old just a bill of sale with vin number on it print on off the internet .......

/ Is this even a 445? #34  
I like to take a photo of the tractors ID tag and print that right on the bill of sale,
I also like to get a photo of the sellers ID to keep with it.

/ Is this even a 445? #35  
I like to take a photo of the tractors ID tag and print that right on the bill of sale,
I also like to get a photo of the sellers ID to keep with it.

So..... How would I do that?
I bought my TLB from a private party, sight unseen, because it was 350 miles away.
How would I get and print a photo on a bill of sale? Make two trips?
The purpose of the sight unseen buy was to avoid two 700 mile round trip trips.
I don't have a printer in my truck.

It is a good idea, but not always practical.

/ Is this even a 445? #36  
Although my experience is extremely limited and my massey gc1710 backhoe is like a toy compared to the big machines, I did get a chance to use both a deere 310 and a rental standalone backhoe. The standalone backhoe was a dream to use compared to the setup I had to do with the deere backhoe.

Having said that, here is my next question. When buying from a private party, what documents should I expect to get from the seller to make sure I am deemed rightful owner of this machine? I am in CT if that helps.

"a rental standalone backhoe" ?????
= EXCAVATOR ????

/ Is this even a 445?
"a rental standalone backhoe" ?????
= EXCAVATOR ????

Sorry, yes I meant the excavator. Would a picture of the sellers ID on top of bill of sale be a safe approach?

/ Is this even a 445? #38  
Sorry, yes I meant the excavator. Would a picture of the sellers ID on top of bill of sale be a safe approach?

"safe" ????
I am really not quite sure what an ID picture could do for you, but it can't hurt.
If you have doubts, or are concerned that the deal might be shady, just walk away from it.
If it doesn't feel right to you, it probably isn't right for you.
That is always my philosophy.

/ Is this even a 445? #39  
So..... How would I do that?
I bought my TLB from a private party, sight unseen, because it was 350 miles away.
How would I get and print a photo on a bill of sale? Make two trips?
The purpose of the sight unseen buy was to avoid two 700 mile round trip trips.
I don't have a printer in my truck.

It is a good idea, but not always practical.

I have bought a truck and a tractor sight unseen and paid for delivery,
both times I had pictures from the seller of the VIN or ID tag and these were almost 10 years ago and they got faxed to me along with a notarized bill of sale.

/ Is this even a 445?
So I received a text just now and the seller sold the tractor to someone else :(:(:(. I am really annoyed and this delays a lot of things for me but everything happens for a reason and I hope I find something better soon.

text.JPG

having said that, if you're aware of decent deals that you've come across, please share.