Buying Advice Is this even a 445?

/ Is this even a 445? #41  
So I received a text just now and the seller sold the tractor to someone else :(:(:(. I am really annoyed and this delays a lot of things for me but everything happens for a reason and I hope I find something better soon.

View attachment 648794

having said that, if you're aware of decent deals that you've come across, please share.

OH WELL might just be better off... That's the problem with people some don't keep their word.... What's your location it's not on you profile.....

/ Is this even a 445?
I am in Connecticut and yeah even when I was having second thoughts about this, I was going to go ahead with it just because I had told him that I was going to buy it. I guess I am old school.

/ Is this even a 445?
Thanks Peter. My budget is between 5k-8k and I am not sure if you know this but I already have a Massey Ferguson GC1710 and I bought it brand new last year. This time I want to be smart and buy a heavier machine that can last a long time. I have somehow fallen in love with the following machines.

Ford 455
Ford 555
Ford 545
Ford 655

but I am not opposed to trying other brands such as Case or JD. Going through historic auctions online and seeing what people paid makes me envy them because everything around me is just so expensive :(.

/ Is this even a 445? #45  
Most machines at auctions are there for a reason.... My wife's work sends the not so desirable ones to auction......

/ Is this even a 445? #46  
So I received a text just now and the seller sold the tractor to someone else :(:(:(. I am really annoyed and this delays a lot of things for me but everything happens for a reason and I hope I find something better soon.

View attachment 648794

having said that, if you're aware of decent deals that you've come across, please share.

While you fiddled....Rome burned!
A good lesson for next time!

/ Is this even a 445? #47  
Thanks Peter. My budget is between 5k-8k and I am not sure if you know this but I already have a Massey Ferguson GC1710 and I bought it brand new last year. This time I want to be smart and buy a heavier machine that can last a long time. I have somehow fallen in love with the following machines.

Ford 455
Ford 555
Ford 545
Ford 655

but I am not opposed to trying other brands such as Case or JD. Going through historic auctions online and seeing what people paid makes me envy them because everything around me is just so expensive :(.

Loader Backhoe Case 58 E - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

Backhoe Case - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

Case 58SE, Super E, 58E, 58 Backhoe - heavy equipment - by owner...

/ Is this even a 445? #48  
While you fiddled....Rome burned!
A good lesson for next time!

Exactly I don’t blame the guy. Cash in hand beats a I might shoot up and buy it.

/ Is this even a 445? #49  

Ford 455
Ford 555
Ford 545
Ford 655

I would say you are definitely on the right track!
Those old 4/5/6 series Fords are tough as nails brutes, and used parts should be easy to find.
The Northeast is nasty for pricing on all used dirt working machinery.

/ Is this even a 445? #50  
Agree, get down into Pennsylvania and south and youll save money. New England is rocky. We always stayed away from older digging machines in New England.