Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #1  

dantnz

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TX1500 & TX1300F
Hi All,

I've just done an engine transplant on my TX1300. It now has a TX1500 engine in it. In fact, it is more TX1500 than 1300 as the rear transaxle and gearbox are also TX1500!

However, in swapping engines I have lost all power in the rear lift arm. The hydraulic system is all from the original tractor, pump included. I seem to have flow but have no way of measuring pressure. I've bleed the air, topped up the oil, still nothing.

The rear lift arms have absolutely no power, they don't even hydro lock, even with power on the arm, it does not move at all by itself. It can even be moved freely up and down by hand, even with power to the ram. The tractor was sitting for while before I did the transplant, I thought maybe the seals in either the pump or cylinder are gone, but I would have expected at least some tiny amount of power even if degraded.

Before I tear the thing apart (probably after sourcing some O rings), is there anything obvious I might be missing? I'm stumped at the moment. Anything I can check without a pressure gauge to check if its the pump, cylinder or control block?

Grateful for any ideas!

Many Thanks,

Dan

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #2  
From the experience i have sofas (i have the same problem):

1. disconnect the feeding hydraulic hose/pipe on the hydraulic casing unit (the rear lift arm) and start the engine (no throttle). You should see oil flowing pretty fast. Means oil pump is working

2. reconnect, and take the lever unit off the casing. Then do the same (starting), and check moving the lever forward and backward, see if anything comes out (means lever is working).

3. By this time you will have to take the hydraulic unit apart i'm afraid. But it is not a massive operation.

I think ChrisMac can help you with a UK address for O-rings?

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #3  
You could do 1. as marcelPL said or loosen the discharge pipe (the smaller one) a little from the pump and you should also see oil come out that way with some pressure when the engine is running. If that isn't happening then you either have a plugged feed line or the pump isn't turning or is badly damaged. If the pump is turning and getting oil and it was working before, you should at least have a flow of fluid at that point. Then it would tend to indicate a problem with the control valve under the seat. Best of luck and keep us posted on the results.

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes
Thanks so much for the suggestions.

I have flow at the suggested points, I also have flow part the control body, which I tested by removing the end plug on the ram cylinder.

Ideally I'd test the oil pressure, so maybe I need to buy a guage. Anyone know the thread sizing?

Alternatively I may just replace all the system o rings and clean out the filter, but I'd like to have o rings on the bench before i take too much apart. I'll contact ChrisMac about that supplier.

How does the piston come out of the ram? Can it be removed just by taking the head off or do you need to take off the entire ram assembly?

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #5  
You will have to take the complete hydraulic/arms unit off, and also the little head that hides the piston. Then push it out from inside.

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #6  
Is there load on your tractor when sitting idling, as I had a lot of sussing out to do to get oil flowing through my rear hydraulics, it was the small port under the seat that needed sorting out, I had load when my tractor was on idle but never had a flow through the system, giving the same issues you had, arms free to move and so on, but my tractor needed a lot of work and I did not understand the hydraulics as well as I do now.

There is a thread in the hydraulics section where I managed to find out my issue and repair on my tx2160

Chris

You will have to take the complete hydraulic/arms unit off, and also the little head that hides the piston. Then push it out from inside.

Thanks Marcel. I'll get there eventually, my concern is there is no movement on the ram at all, suggesting either no pressure or it is bypassing. I suppose the o ring could just be that bad that there is no pressure at all!

Is there load on your tractor when sitting idling, as I had a lot of sussing out to do to get oil flowing through my rear hydraulics, it was the small port under the seat that needed sorting out, I had load when my tractor was on idle but never had a flow through the system, giving the same issues you had, arms free to move and so on, but my tractor needed a lot of work and I did not understand the hydraulics as well as I do now.

There is a thread in the hydraulics section where I managed to find out my issue and repair on my tx2160

Chris

Hi Chris, luckily the system on this tractor is stock standard, so I shouldn't have the problem you did. But yes, the symptoms are the same, I'm getting flow but no load on the ram at all, at idle or at revs. I might have to find a way to do a pressure test as I'd really like to check the pump output.

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #9  
When I was looking into my issue, I slackened a pipe going in under the seat, and the amount of pressure was unbelievable oil went everywhere, just be careful to make sure what ever you slacken does not come loose and totally part company allowing you to retighten fairly swiftly should you need to, should you try that method,

Oil should be flowing around the pump all the time and the diverter valve then diverts the oil to the ram and pushes it down the bore lifting the arms up, there are 4 bolts pointing towards the gear leavers with the relief that will show you the top of your ram if you were to remove them and the cover plate.