JD 455 or Kubota g1900?

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900?
Well I have had my gx345 for a little while now. I am just amazed at the difference form it to my CC LT1050. The GX has 5 less horse power by there ratings, which has got to be a joke! I have a 17CF trailer and we cut down a tree and loaded it in pieces in to the trailer. Intialy someone tried pulling the trailer with the CC and it could barely move. So I hooked up the JD just to see, and to my amazement it pulled no problem. It cut just so much better and never has any trouble cut my grass, where the CC you had to cut so slow other wise it would bog or just leave an awful cut!
I guess the bottom line is any looking for a good mower don't waste your money on the junk at lowes or home depot or those type of stores. My CC was $2500 that is $500 more then i paid for my gx345 with pull behind JD bagger, sprayer system pull behind trailer 8hp tiller as well as 6x10 trailer. I also spent $100 on changing all the fluids and doing a full maintenance! I guess the adage that the old stuff is that much better is really true! Now the only thing I regret at this point is there is every little attachments for the GX. but that gives me a good excuse to pick a larger tractor!

Thanks for everyones help and suggestion! I have learned so much more then if I had walked in and purchased that x700

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #63  
Glad to hear you new tractor is working out well for you. As they say, nothing runs like a deere!

As for LBrown59,

Just Google LBrown or LBrown59 or LB59 and you get a good idea of how often LBrown59 changes his story.

Tells you alot about someone to Google there name :rolleyes:

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #64  
ccsial said:
1*Your comparing apples and oranges, not list prices.
2*I'd guess you could get an X700 for around $7,500 if you shop around. .
1*How am I doing that?
2*A used 2 wheel drive with a gasoline engine probably.
I just came from the JD Dealer where I got prices of:
$12641 x748 tractor only. No attachments or mower.
$11119 x740 tractor only. No attachments mower four wheel drive or diesel engine.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #65  
Fordlords said:
A JD X500 is a big step down from either a Kubota G or BX. The X500 is a SLT- (Super lawn tractor.) It's basically what the Cub Cadet 1500 models are plus 4WS, power steering and better engines. But still with all that just a thin framed full belt driven lawn tractor.

belt driven? Nyah. Thin framed? Maybe?

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #66  
LBrown59 said:
1*How am I doing that?
2*A used 2 wheel drive with a gasoline engine probably.
I just came from the JD Dealer where I got prices of:
$12641 x748 tractor only. No attachments or mower.
$11119 x740 tractor only. No attachments mower four wheel drive or diesel engine.
Why waste the dealers time? It is well known your disdain for the Deere X700 models. Plus, the list prices are on-line. The prices you gave are posted on Deeres web site as including a 48 or 54 inch mower. Plus, you can e-mail as many dealers as you want and they will e-mail you back their prices including discounts. So according to your dealer he will sell you X700 series tractors without mower decks for the same advertised price as tractors with mower decks. Something doesn't make sense here and I wish that you could clarify this please. Thanks in advance.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #67  
Jammer said:
Why waste the dealers time? It is well known your disdain for the Deere X700 models. Plus, the list prices are on-line. The prices you gave are posted on Deeres web site as including a 48 or 54 inch mower. Plus, you can e-mail as many dealers as you want and they will e-mail you back their prices including discounts. So according to your dealer he will sell you X700 series tractors without mower decks for the same advertised price as tractors with mower decks. Something doesn't make sense here and I wish that you could clarify this please. Thanks in advance.

I know that a 54'' mower for the x748 was an extra $1195.
(Maybe it was an up grade over the 48'' mower=I don't know; if so I never caught it when jotting down the prices of everything.)
It was right there on the price sheet taped to the hood of the x748.
The x748 priced out at $15335 for the:
tractor
54'' MMM
and a smallish 30'' tiller.
There was no front blade included in the $15335 price package.
Adding a front Hyd lift and angle front blade to the x748 would have driven the cost of the X748 well above the $15600 I just paid for all of the following.
New BX1500
used BX1500
New 48'' MMM
Used 48'' MMM
New 48'' Tiller
used Hyd lift & angle front blade.
Here's another comparison for you:
Kubota BX1850 $9100.
JD x740 ------------$9600.
Why pay $500 more for the x740 and give up four wheel drive and the diesel engine ? ?

Last edited:
   / JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #68  
how did this thread get so far from it's original point?

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #69  
JiminGa said:
how did this thread get so far from it's original point?

It's pretty easy to figure out if you start at the beginning and read each post. ;)

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #70  
LBrown, Why did you go to the Deere dealership and waste their time to get prices for models you hate and have just brought new tractors anyway.

I think this thread has going past it's usefull time now, perhaps it should be closed.