JD 455 or Kubota g1900?

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #1  

Rlbol

I am trying to make a decision between one or the other?
I will be using it about 90% for mowing 5 acres.
I am not to familiar with the kubota's. the prices i have been finding are less on the kubota for a comparable model versus the JD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thank you

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #2  
I also noticed that used Kubota diesel models comparable to used JD455's are more affordable on the used market. There is a little more available accessory wise for the 455, and things will be generally easier to come by for the JD with a bigger dealer and parts network. But... parts for both machines are equally expensive, so that point is sort of moot and with parts available for both online if you can fix it yourself you don't necessarily need a dealer nearby. Quality and durablity wise, they run neck to neck. I would have no reserve at all to buying a decent condition Kubota G series tractor if it can do the things you need it to do. A new Kubota G model is second in line to a JD X700 series diesel on my list of dream garden tractors at the moment LOL :)

-Fordlords-

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #3  
Fordlords said:
I also noticed that used Kubota diesel models comparable to used JD455's are more affordable on the used market. There is a little more available accessory wise for the 455, and things will be generally easier to come by for the JD with a bigger dealer and parts network. But... parts for both machines are equally expensive, so that point is sort of moot and with parts available for both online if you can fix it yourself you don't necessarily need a dealer nearby. Quality and durablity wise, they run neck to neck. I would have no reserve at all to buying a decent condition Kubota G series tractor if it can do the things you need it to do. A new Kubota G model is second in line to a JD X700 series diesel on my list of dream garden tractors at the moment LOL :)

-Fordlords-
Give me a BX 1500 :
It offers the advantages of both a Sub Compact and a garden tractor for about the same or less money.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #4  
Rlbol said:
I am trying to make a decision between one or the other?
I will be using it about 90% for mowing 5 acres.
I am not to familiar with the kubota's. the prices i have been finding are less on the kubota for a comparable model versus the JD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thank you
Why not go with a Kubota BX1500 instead ?

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900?
Thanks for the replies! I should have gone in to more details in my first post. So I currently have a Cub LT1050 that I have had nothing but problems with. It was originally purchased for a house with less land then i currently live at now so that maybe be partly to blame for it problems. So now I would like a real machine. something that will not struggle cutting the grass.

So my wife and I go to a john deere dealer which happens to be only a few miles away. And decide I would like an x700. Until we got to the prices! for 12k I thought I would look around a bit! I did also look at the compact tractors but I need more maneuverability and tighter turning radius then the compact tractors offer.

I do want a diesel engine though. That is one of the requirements! Like I posted earlier it will be used 90 to 99% of the time for mowing with maybe a FEL used a bit. Other then that I am not to sure of any other usage for a tractor.
Thank you

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #6  
It's 5 acres, right? Forget the 48" decks, unless you just want to ride the tractor all day. If you can swing $13K (payments up to 7 years) you can get into a BX2350 or JD 2305 with a 62" deck and FEL. You'll be much better off with those machines on 5 acres than with a garden tractor. They turn far better than you probably realize (remove the FEL and you won't see a difference from a garden tractor). You can also go much faster on them and still get a great quality cut.

That said, an X500 series machine (or the 455/G1900) will certainly work. (For the price of the X700, just get a 2305 instead.) They'll just take longer to cut. For the money, the BX1500 is also something to look at. The BX series machines are sturdy little fella's...

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900?
my property has a lot of trees, so I do want the maneuverability. When I was looking through the specs. The compact tractors had an uncut radius of up to 36" versus 6 " on the x7 AWS. That is the only reason of limiting my self to the Garden tractors verses the compact tractors. Know I don't need it to turn that tight other wise I would go with a ZTR. But what ever one I end up with it will need to be some what maneuverable .

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #8  
Rlbol said:
my property has a lot of trees, so I do want the maneuverability. When I was looking through the specs. The compact tractors had an uncut radius of up to 36" versus 6 " on the x7 AWS. That is the only reason of limiting my self to the Garden tractors verses the compact tractors. Know I don't need it to turn that tight other wise I would go with a ZTR. But what ever one I end up with it will need to be some what maneuverable .

I bought the X748 because I wanted a 4X4 for light snow plowing. My 355D had too much trouble on the grades when plowing snow.

I looked at the BX1800 (1500 is 2 cylinder and vibrates too much for me, my 355D was that way too) The turning radius on the 2350 and BX is twice what the 748 is and 3 times the 728 or 455. I drove the 2350 and it was not near as maneuverable as the 748. The BX1500/1800 publish the same TR as the 2350.

Don't know where you live but if you ever decide to put a snow blade on be aware that the Kubota does not have hydraulic blade angle and the 455 does.

If Kubota had a 4x4 with full hydraulics in the G package I probably would have got it.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #9  
Rlbol said:
1*I decided I would like an x700 Until we got to the 12,000k price.
2*I also looked at the compact tractors but I need more maneuverability and tighter turning radius then the compact tractors offer.
***************Thank you
1*The x700s are over priced glorified garden tractors in my estimation.
I can buy 2 BX1500s for $13500.
2*Natirally a smaller garden tractor would be more maneuverable than a larger s-cut.
What did you expect?
Where the BX1500 shines is the fact that it's closer to the size of a garden tractor than it is to the other S-Compacts.
Being almost the same size as a garden tractor it should be closer to the garden tractors maneuverability.
If maneuverability is your main criteria get a ZTR.
If it's getting a tractor get a bx1500.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #10  
Rlbol said:

You can use the Front End Loader on your new BX or JD2305 to spread 3' of mulch around the trees, then the 36" uncut circle won't be problem, and you can justify the loader:D