JD 455 or Kubota g1900?

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #41  
ccsial said:
I was speaking of the G1900 which he asked about. They don't sell a hydraulic angle blade for that one.

The 748 is smaller and more nimble that a BX1500 and is great for those of us who can afford it and want a nice LITTLE 4x4 diesel for tight areas.
Wheel base BX1500 52.8 x700 54.5.
Weight bx1500 1213 x700 1242.
Front tire height bx1500 16 x700 18.
Rear tire height bx1500 24 x700 26.
How do the higher numbers for the x700 make it smaller than the bx1500?

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #42  
LBrown59 said:
Wheel base BX1500 52.8 x700 54.5.
Weight bx1500 1213 x700 1242.
Front tire height bx1500 16 x700 18.
Rear tire height bx1500 24 x700 26.
How do the higher numbers for the x700 make it smaller than the bx1500?

Maybe I shouldn't say smaller. It is in the turning radius. The BX1500 is 86 inches and the 748 is 46 inches. The BX axle simply does not turn as sharp. That is a big dfifference to me. I have some very tight areas to work. When I'm using the rear mounted ULV sprayer for mosquitoes I could not make some of the turns between the buildings and woods without backing up. I tried with a JD2350 which has the same TR as the BX. I don't want to back up into my spray mist.

I can also mow all the tight areas without backing up to make the turns and I could not do that with the 2350.

I didn't need a bigger rig anyway since I have two bigger tractors. The 748 happenes to be perfect for me and I'm sure some others too. Everyone must decide what fits their needs and I don't see a need to bash others choices.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #43  
ccsial said:
The 748 happenes to be perfect for me and I'm sure some others too. Everyone must decide what fits their needs and I don't see a need to bash others choices.

I have a hard time convincing my 'real' tractor owning neighbors of this.
Sometimes people want a REALLY strong Lawn/Garden Tractor instead of a micro sized 'Real' Tractor.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #45  
Hi

Go with the 455! You won't regret it. With a 60inch deck and 22hp Yanmar Diesel, it is one mean grass cutting machine.:) I just bought mine this July and can see why everyone who owns one won't give them up. Beautiful ride, controls are easy to use. Cruise Control is nice if your cutting wide open areas. Not to mention that Yanmar sips fuel. If you plan to run this mower as a "long term mower" then the 455 is for you. Mine is 12 years old but with TLC it should last 20+ years depending on how many hrs you put on per season. Mind has 876hrs on her now, with plenty of life left. Typically you can get 3,000 - 3,800hrs on them without any major problems before a rebuild is in order. However I have seen one 455 with 6,335hrs( all orginal too!) and another with 5,200hrs. However again, if your going to be running it for years, your best bet is to find a 455 in the 300 - 800hr range. However I would not hesitate to buy one in the 1,000 - 1500hr range. In short, they are a Great tractor, well built and heavy duty. They may not be brand new but their well built compared to what you get at a Big Box store( IMHO). Either should be a great tractor but I much prefer the 455. Take Care JB

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #46  
Yesterday 2 kubota dealears told me the upper cost Garden Tractors weren't worth the money compared to the cost of a Sub = Compact.

Jason B said:
Hi

Go with the 455! You won't regret it. With a 60inch deck and 22hp Yanmar Diesel, it is one mean grass cutting machine.:) I just bought mine this July and can see why everyone who owns one won't give them up. Beautiful ride, controls are easy to use. Cruise Control is nice if your cutting wide open areas. Not to mention that Yanmar sips fuel. If you plan to run this mower as a "long term mower" then the 455 is for you. Mine is 12 years old but with TLC it should last 20+ years depending on how many hrs you put on per season. Mind has 876hrs on her now, with plenty of life left. Typically you can get 3,000 - 3,800hrs on them without any major problems before a rebuild is in order. However I have seen one 455 with 6,335hrs( all orginal too!) and another with 5,200hrs. However again, if your going to be running it for years, your best bet is to find a 455 in the 300 - 800hr range. However I would not hesitate to buy one in the 1,000 - 1500hr range. In short, they are a Great tractor, well built and heavy duty. They may not be brand new but their well built compared to what you get at a Big Box store( IMHO). Either should be a great tractor but I much prefer the 455. Take Care JB

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #47  
Hi

True, I agree with you there if buying new, however if buying used the 455 may be a suitable unit. If your just going to cut grass, and don't want a Zero turn, then a 455 would suit well. However if doing more then one task,then a compact would be great. However buying new, like your kbouta dealer mentioned, you might as well buy the sub-compact. I priced a new Deere X700 with a 2305 with loader and the 2305 with loader was 13,500 Canadian compared to the nearly 15,000 for the X700 or so the dealer was asking. Better deal would be for the 2305. However in my case I went with the 455 as I wanted AWS and did not want a zero turn. Take Care Jason B

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #48  
Jason B said:
Hi
1*True, I agree with you there if buying new, however if buying used the 455 may be a suitable unit.
2*However if doing more then one task, then a compact would be great.
3* However buying new, like your kubota dealer mentioned, you might as well buy the sub-compact.
I priced a new Deere X700 with a 2305 with loader and the 2305 with loader was 13,500 Canadian compared to the nearly 15,000 for the X700 or so the dealer was asking.
4*Better deal would be for the 2305.
Jason B
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1*I'v found it works the same way new or used.
I'm dealing on a new BX1500 with a mmm for 7500.
or a used one with a mmm for 6000.
I'd be very hard pressed to find a 455 with rear PTO and 3 point hitch for the 6000 or 7500. And even if I did I'd still only have a 2 wheel drive lighter duty garden tractor. Then too implements for the 455 garden tractor would be more expensive and harder to find.
2*Most definitely
3*Yep it's a no brainer.
4*No question about it.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900? #49  
LBrown:

No offence intended,

I think that you have made your point clear that you think a sub compact would be better. You have told us this many times in this thread. You have also told us about the tractors you are looking at buying many times in this thread. It is starting to get a little bit repettitive now.

I think that a Garden Tractor like a 455 or X7xx is going to be better than a sub cut at just mowing. Otherwise why would they still sell them.

But if you are looking at doing other jobs with the tractor like a FEL then a SUB CUT or CUT would be better.

/ JD 455 or Kubota g1900?
Well things have changed in my search. Monday I went to look at a simplicity and a kubota a few hours away from my house. while haveing lunch my wife got a local paper to look at the classified adds. in doing so there was an add for a GX345 with lots of extras. not knowing much about those I called and it happened to be a few minutes away. So we went over there. It happened to be an older gentalmans who had paased away and his son was there packing up his fathers house and was flying back home in an hour. So we ended up getting it with a bagger/trailer, sprayer and a whole bunch of over things for nothing. The mower is a gx345 with 200 hours on it. runs great but has been keep out side for it is prety faded. I have gone through and completely serviced it and changed all the fluids.

Does any one know the best way to remove and polish the oxidation off the plastic parts? Is there also any other maintenance I should do to it? I as given all the manuals and service manuals for everything. It runs great, those liquid cooled engines are sure nice! Compared to my kouler engine is the difference between my S class Mercedes and my Harley Davidson. it is very smooth and quiet!

So now I need to find a nice older tractor with a FEL and Backhoe since it will not need to do any mowing I cant find a large tractor as well.

thanks again for everyones input and assistance!