JD 46 Backhoe Leak

/ JD 46 Backhoe Leak #1  

Nimrodtoo

Tractor
Ford 8N / MF1260
I'm working on a JD 46 backhoe that has a bad hydraulic leak in the bucket & swing valve. My question is can I just remove the valve from the one bad module from the top so it can be repaired? See the picture below. Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2462-arrow.jpg
    IMG_2462-arrow.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2461.jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
   / JD 46 Backhoe Leak
Should this be moved to a different location? If this was my tractor I would have pulled the valve before asking... but I really do not want to purchase a whole new valve assembly.... they seem pricy.

Thanks,
Nim

/ JD 46 Backhoe Leak #3  
Should this be moved to a different location? If this was my tractor I would have pulled the valve before asking... but I really do not want to purchase a whole new valve assembly.... they seem pricy.

Thanks,
Nim
Not sure about your model but Kubota has seal kits for their valve blocks. You might want to contact the dealer and ask them if that is available for this particular model.

/ JD 46 Backhoe Leak #4  
Nimrod
Where is the leak? Is it between the valves sections or around the spool? If around the spool you should be able to replace the seals without dismantling the valve.

/ JD 46 Backhoe Leak
See the pics below. What I'm concerned about is causing a leak from valve body to valve body. Like I said if this were mine I'd be ok, but don't want to cause further damage or costs.

Attachments

• Leak1.jpg
    Leak1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
  • leak2.jpg
    leak2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
   / JD 46 Backhoe Leak #6  
If leaking out of cap on end of valve sections you should be able to remove that cap and replace the seal on the spool. What I do not know is how the centering spring assembly under that cap is held in place. Suggest be very careful on disassemble over a hard surface.