JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060???

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #11  
Hi,

Kubota M7060 all day if it was my money. We have the 2017 5085E with loader and it is a nicer tractor than my 5083E is. I don't care much for the Motor in our machines, especially the Miele power nozzle size starter that makes them particularly hard to start compared to our Yanmar and NH Shibaura diesels. Anyone else have this issue? The hydraulic system in ours seems noisy and they have removed two more grease fittings from the Chinese front axle. I like some of the changes on our new one and the ones coming look even better but Orange is the smart buy here. The New Holland T4.75 is also worth a look.

Brian

You’ve been dogging the 5085e a bunch and I’m struggling to see why? What does the physical size of the starter bother you so much and what are you talking about with noisy hydraulics? Ours has been nothing less than great besides a few bugs like a def code and rattle on the rate of drop for the 3pt. Is the axle a Dana? What’s wrong with the motor? It’s in tons of equipment from generators to Dozer

Brett

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #12  
I'm all about details. Since the price is comparable I'd be looking at which tractor had the details that were important to me.

For example, do both tractors have extendable lift arms?

Do both tractors use telescoping stabilizer bars for the 3pt arms?

Are the operator platforms comparable, i.e., nice suspension seat, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, easy to reach/use controls?

What speed PTO and are they changeable?

Fuel tank location and ease of fill?

Engine oil dipstick and filter location?

Piddly little things like these don't mean much when you are "snorting" the new paint smell. But they become critical a year down the road.

Good luck with your decision and of course post pics!!!! :)

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #13  
I've been planning on upgrading tractors for a couple years now and was looking at either a Deere 5075E or a Kubota M7060. Last week I ordered a new M7060.

On paper the Kubota had more standard features and better horsepower conversion. What ultimately made me choose the Kubota was the ergonomic feel of the tractor. The Deere felt awkward and clunky, the Kubota did not.

Both machines are good. Test drive both see which one fits you best.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #14  
I'm all about details. Since the price is comparable I'd be looking at which tractor had the details that were important to me.

For example, do both tractors have extendable lift arms?

Do both tractors use telescoping stabilizer bars for the 3pt arms?

Are the operator platforms comparable, i.e., nice suspension seat, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, easy to reach/use controls?

What speed PTO and are they changeable?

Fuel tank location and ease of fill?

Engine oil dipstick and filter location?

Piddly little things like these don't mean much when you are "snorting" the new paint smell. But they become critical a year down the road.

Good luck with your decision and of course post pics!!!! :)

Aside from the feel of the kubota and for me the poor ergonomics when I was test driving it I recommend people turn on the pto and drive. The way the transmission is seems like it would be horrible for shredding. It was at the top of the 4th gear and to slow or bottom of 5th and to fast. Those are the things I evaluate when shopping. Atleast the Deere has 12 speeds with 3ranges to choose from

Brett

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #15  
M7060 all day long. I compared before I bought. M7060 has 3 ranges and 18 speeds if you option it that way. Get a cab and thank me later.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #16  
M7060 all day long. I compared before I bought. M7060 has 3 ranges and 18 speeds if you option it that way. Get a cab and thank me later.

Only way I’ve seen them is with 8 or special ordered with 12 speeds and I’d hope you’re not talking about the creeper kit as that would not be useful at all for mowing. Saying 18 speeds would be misleading to me if I was in the market

Brett

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #17  
Only way I’ve seen them is with 8 or special ordered with 12 speeds and I’d hope you’re not talking about the creeper kit as that would not be useful at all for mowing. Saying 18 speeds would be misleading to me if I was in the market

Brett

It s not misleading at all. The creep speed gives you 6 more gears below L1 which is very useful for many. The 12 speed without creep is a great option over the 8 speed. More speed choices and much higher top speed. 12 speed also gets you ePTO which is useful for mowing.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #18  
“Special ordering” is the only way to go IMO. Get and pay for exactly what you want and have t within a week. Most dealers only stock base models because people only price shop and don’t do their research. The more options the more value with Kubota.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #19  
“Special ordering” is the only way to go IMO. Get and pay for exactly what you want and have t within a week. Most dealers only stock base models because people only price shop and don’t do their research. The more options the more value with Kubota.
I'm with you on that! :thumbsup:

I always "special order" when I am purchasing a new vehicle, be it a tractor, truck or SUV. I want it equipped with what I want, not what someone else thinks I should have. ;)

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #20  
Aside from the feel of the kubota and for me the poor ergonomics when I was test driving it I recommend people turn on the pto and drive. The way the transmission is seems like it would be horrible for shredding. It was at the top of the 4th gear and to slow or bottom of 5th and to fast. Those are the things I evaluate when shopping. Atleast the Deere has 12 speeds with 3ranges to choose from

Brett

More ranges in counterintuitive. Unless the ranges can be shifted on the go. I prefer a 12 speed. And I prefer that 12spd be a 6x2. More speed selection without stopping.