JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060???

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #21  
The Kubota feature\quality wise is more on par with the 'M' Deere tractors. The 'E' is built in India and has that stench. You also have to watch the PTO HP in that series. I forget exactly which one it is, but either the 5065 or 5075 has abysmal PTO HP compared to what the engine produces.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #22  
The Kubota feature\quality wise is more on par with the 'M' Deere tractors. The 'E' is built in India and has that stench. You also have to watch the PTO HP in that series. I forget exactly which one it is, but either the 5065 or 5075 has abysmal PTO HP compared to what the engine produces.

I enjoy your posts and value your opinion but everyone likes to say the E standa for economy. When I was looking at the 7060, 9960 m5.115 etc, I wasn’t blown away with any special features that would make it on par or even in the same league as an M. It was blow for blow right there with the smaller 5E series. ePTO, power reverser, bigger loader, wet clutch all come on the E.

Also, just food for thought if you didn’t know, the 5085/5100e are built in Augusta ga. Granted we weren’t talking about them but that is something to note

Brett

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #23  
I looked at the M series JD when I was shopping. I didn't see anything of significance that they had over the M series Kubota. I also looked at the E series JD. I was not impressed and eliminated them from consideration.

I guess that's why there are so many colors of tractors!!!! :)

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #24  
I enjoy your posts and value your opinion but everyone likes to say the E standa for economy. When I was looking at the 7060, 9960 m5.115 etc, I wasn稚 blown away with any special features that would make it on par or even in the same league as an M. It was blow for blow right there with the smaller 5E series. ePTO, power reverser, bigger loader, wet clutch all come on the E.

Also, just food for thought if you didn稚 know, the 5085/5100e are built in Augusta ga. Granted we weren稚 talking about them but that is something to note

Brett

I agree. I see claims that the 5E series is a very basic tractor and I'm thinking not really. A MF 2600H series is an example of a new very basic tractor, (which is fine if it's priced accordingly) but the 5E series add the options you listed plus things like tilt steering which aren't usually things found on "basic, no frills, budget minded" utility tractors. My biggest issue with the 5E is some of the ergonomics aren't as good as they could be. Mainly the placement of the FEL control lever and the foot throttle being under the brake petals. Both issues have been fixed on the 2018 5E'.

People keep bringing up the fact that the 3 cylinder 5E tractors are made in India which makes it less desirable than a tractor made in Japan, but it's not like the Deere is made by TAFE right? I'm sure if the plant in India where some Deere models are built was suffering from too many QC issues then Deere would start doing something different. To me a larger issue is the weight difference between the 2 models. The M7060 is listed at 5027 lbs for a open station/4WD model, where the 5075E configured like that is listed at 5732 lbs. That's a 705 lb difference which is a lot for competitive utility tractors. Sure you can add wheel weights, suitcase weights, or fill the tires to bring the Kubota up to the Deeres weight but these are all options for the Deere as well which will always put it ahead in the weight category. More weight is obviously better for doing work whether lifting/pulley heavy loads, pulling a plow, etc.

I do prefer the Kubotas choice of engine as I'd rather have a 3.3L 4 cylinder than a 2.9L 3 cylinder. Also the 5E's seem to lose more HP to the PTO than it competition which I don't like but the 5E's generally Dyno 4-5 PTO HP more than their factory rating. Still without actually owning either tractor and going off both models weight and PTO HP my guess is the Kubota would likely be the better tractor for running a PTO implement that need some decent HP to turn like a larger bush hog or baler, where the Deere would be more ideal for pulling a larger plow and maybe loader work.

My biggest issue with Kubota is that it's a Japanese brand. This means their profits are returned to their economy. Even on the Deeres that are made overseas the majority of their profits are returned to the U.S. economy. My main issue with this is we are huge for supporting Japanese manufactures that like to copy products that we Americans buy and sell them here trying to steel sales from our manufactures. At the same time Japan does extremely little to support our manufactures over there other than niche products like Harley Davidsons, or Jeep Wranglers. They seem to buy a lot of Boeings. Do they even sell JD's in Japan? They sell very few of our cars as their government makes it impractical to buy them. Basically they like getting rich off us, but do little to return the favor. Europe on the other hand does plenty to support our local manufactures. Plenty of JD's, Agco, Ford, GM, etc products are sold over there. For this reason I'm personally more willing to buy from a European company than a Japanese company.

With that said I'm not saying that you're in the wrong for buying a Toyota, Kubota, etc. This is just my personal view on the matter. I will say that I feel that if you're a farmer who gets upset about the growing and importing traditionally American crops such as sow beans out of country, but then wants to buy most of your farm equipment from foreign owned manufactures then that's kind of hypocritical IMO as you want people to support our local agricultural industry, but you're not supporting our manufacturing industry. Foreign manufactures building a few plants over here to give a few thousand jobs to our economy doesn't impress me as it's not done because they just love and want to help us. It's done to help them get more North American Sales and it's not causing them to lose money.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #25  
Do you think JD has factories in India to make them rich??

No American company that manufactures their product in a foreign country does it to make them rich.

So if manufacturing overseas increases profits does that company pass it on to the consumer? If so, how?

It's my belief that any American company that moves manufacturing overseas does it to survive in that market.

I'm not pimping Kubota in any way with this statement. If I buy a Kubota I know it's a Kubota product. When I buy a JD I have to research each component to fully understand what brand of product I am buying.

I love my JD tractor. Not trying to start a brand war. :)

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #26  
Kubota is possibly not always the best bet but it always seems like it is the safest bet...not unlike Toyota or Honda for cars.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #27  
Do you think JD has factories in India to make them rich??

No American company that manufactures their product in a foreign country does it to make them rich.

So if manufacturing overseas increases profits does that company pass it on to the consumer? If so, how?

It's my belief that any American company that moves manufacturing overseas does it to survive in that market.

I'm not pimping Kubota in any way with this statement. If I buy a Kubota I know it's a Kubota product. When I buy a JD I have to research each component to fully understand what brand of product I am buying.

I love my JD tractor. Not trying to start a brand war. :)

With Japan paying us to build products yes it's about getting more sales in that market, but IMO only to a certain smaller extent it's done to help sales by U.S manufactures in other markets. I feel it's done by American companies moreso because it's cheaper to produce in foreign markets. Not always like having certain Ford/GM/Chrysler vehicles made in Canada likely doesn't save $ compared to building in the U.S. but generally I feel it's cheaper for American companies to manufacture out of country. For example I doubt Silverado and Sierra are built in Mexico to sale a lot of trucks over there. My guess is building a tractor in India cost considerably less than building in say the U.S., England, Japan, Italy, etc. This is likely why most tractors considered to be higher-end models that cost more money aren't built in poor countries with cheaper labor rates that people stereotype as having less quality of manufacturing. Other than labor my understanding is our government taxes our businesses much more than other countries do is a large reason as to why much of our industry has moved to foreign markets to be manufactured.

I'm no economics expert but it makes money for their local economy because the majority of their profits get returned to the country that the company is based so that's where most of the money from the profits earned gets spent. Having large successful businesses is good for your economy. Why do you think they didn't let our automakers go under back why the economy went bad in 08/09? If Japanese companies want to come over here and steal large sales numbers away from our local businesses then Japan needs to be willing to let their local businesses take a hit from our American businesses. Granted while Japan has a large import tax, from my understanding a large part of them not buying American products is that the people in Japan are just loyal to their local products. Which BTW they should be. Nationalist pride should be a huge factor for people of any country when considering buying any given product. People should take pride in what their country produces and their local businesses. There's nothing wrong with that and it's a very legitimate reason to choose a JD over a Kubota. The problem is Americans have largely lost that pride we had years ago. We like to act like our products are crappy where the foreign brands counterpart products are just much better. Sometimes that's true, but IMO more often than not it's not true or it's highly exaggerated. I hear Americans claiming Tundra and Titan are better than F150, the GM twins, and Ram. Or that Airbus is better than Boeing. Or that Russian fighters are better than American fighters. Or that Kubota is better than JD. I'm not saying we dominate but I don't feel like we are making inferior products either. In fact we're the gold standard in these products that the competition is copying to try and get on the same level as our company's. You think Tundra was developed for any reason other than to steals truck sells from the big three in the N/A market, and that they didn't copy the formula written by the big 3? Or that Airbus didn't look to Boeing to see how it's done? Russia has been stealing and/or copying Western technology since WWII times to try and compete. And up until the 80's or 90's no one was competing with JD and IH for large scale farm tractors, and when talking say sub-100 HP tractors the only real competition in N/A was brands like Ford, MF, AC. All American companies other than maybe MF. Point being people were looking at us to see how to properly build a tractor so I don't feel like our local companies just make inferior products because they're American and not Japanese or German, or anywhere else where people like to champion for making things better than everyone else.

Basically the 5075E and M7060 are trying to compete with one another more than they are any other model on the market. Both have advantages over the other, but they seem very competitive with one another. Go look at them both and go with the one you like the best for any given reasons. I'm sure you'll more than likely be happy with either tractor. From what I've seen is most owners are happy with either machine. At the same time either machine can have issues. Not saying you're likely going to run into a bunch of issues, but the potential is there to not be satisfied, even if it's not likely. I know a guy who bought a new JD 5320 back in the 03/04 timeframe and in about a year blew up the motor. JD was quick to replace the motor without giving him any issues about it but it's a knock against what most people consider a pretty good machine. I've had people get defensive and act like that couldn't happen to a new 5320, and I have to tell them that it actually did happen. Reason I'm saying this is because even machines that are considered very good can experience major problems. No manufacture is immune to it.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #28  
I'd love to buy an American made tractor, but for the average Joe buying a new sub 50hp compact tractor, they don't exist. Two names of American tractors still exist, John Deere and Massey Ferguson, but look under the hood and they're all Asian.

So since I can't buy American, I move to option 2, which for me is Japanese due to their reputation for quality, and that's Kubota or Yanmar. And it's those Japanese Yanmar engines that have made JD CUTS so reliable. So, if no matter what I buy is Asian, I might as well buy a Kubota or Yanmar directly. At least I can point to it and say it's a Kubota or a Yanmar.

I have to do a lot of research to find out what other brands really are.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #29  
I agree with Tractorable. I purchase what ever product I think will suit me the best and give me the best value for my money. I feel no loyalty for U.S. branded companies that ship their manufacturing to foreign countries, taking employment away from Americans, then ship their products back to the U.S. and expect us to buy them. At the same time when they refuse to pay us and give us more purchasing power to buy their products.

Not to say I don't purchase those products if I think they present the best value and reliability or if there is no alternative.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #30  
Deere does a good job offering cabs and a power reverser option in the E series to compete with Kubota. In New Holland you have to step up to the T series to get a cab from the Workmaster utility series. New Holland like the E series Deere makes the Workmaster in India. I researched compact utilities until I was blue in the face. I wanted a size or two up from my NH 1720 with a QA FEL. The only two that I considered was the MX Kubota and Workmaster. I contacted several folks with direct experience with those and the reply's were favorable.

As far as I can tell my Workmaster was built in India with a Fiat engine, power train manufactured in ???, and FEL made in Tennessee. I don't know if I am 100% correct on this but my research indicates it. I believe Fiat Industrial makes good engines. That in addition to high capacity FEL specifications led me to the WM.

So far so good. Some on here have had intermittent issues with their Workmasters. I have not. Having good dealer support also helps.

If I buy another tractor it will have a cab. Probably either a M series Kubota or T series New Holland. I am fortunate to have good dealer support for both companies.

I don't brand bash. All brands have their issues from time to time.