Buying Advice jd 5075e or ls p7010c

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #1  

varmint x

Tractor
820 German made 1971, 1973 2030 j.d. w/145 fel
Hi all. okay here goes. I think I am buying a new tractor (almost positive) and have narrowed it down to these 2. Was quoted LS at $35900 and JD at $36500. the JD dealer told me he would swap the ag tires out for the industrial, and fill tires. The LS has a cab which I think I would like,also has more remotes and features. Probably going back Tuesday or Wednesday to try both out a little but might just stick with the advise given here. I will be mainly bush-hogging and hauling hay with forks front and back. Will also be doing food plots and gardens, a friend is trying to talk me into getting a tiller and doing work (food plots, gardens, bush-hogging etc) with the tractor for $.So the 35 to 36 thousand dollar question is which one?

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #2  
Hmmm. The LS weighs at least 1,000 pounds more than the Deere. And it has a cab, rear remotes included in the price, and has a sync shuttle across the full range of gears.

The Deere, I believe, has only a partially synchronized shuttle (i.e., only certain gears). I think.

Deere is made in India. LS is made in South Korea.

LS has the clear advantage in everything except paint color. If you are someone that trades often or worries about resale value, the Deere will win that battle. But for anything else, I'd take the LS.

Don't know if you've ever had a cab before, but I can't tell you how nice it is to be out working in 100 degree weather in a 70 degree cab with the radio going and watching the yellow jackets flying around outside the cab.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #3  
In addition to what Pappy mentioned, the LS has a PTO that you can select 540/750/1000rpm, an 8gal bigger fuel tank, 6" longer wheelbase, a larger displacement engine that makes rated power at a lower RPM, slightly more hydraulic pump flow, larger wheels/tires all around, oh and that little advantage of 20 transmission speeds forward and reverse compared with 9 forward, and 3 reverse. To make it an even more unfair contest, the LS can lift double what the Deere can on the 3pt, and the FEL can lift almost 400lbs an extra 13" in lift height.

In other words, there is no comparison, even if the LS didn't have a cab with heat and A/C!

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #4  
In addition to what Pappy mentioned, the LS has a PTO that you can select 540/750/1000rpm, an 8gal bigger fuel tank, 6" longer wheelbase, a larger displacement engine that makes rated power at a lower RPM, slightly more hydraulic pump flow, larger wheels/tires all around, oh and that little advantage of 20 transmission speeds forward and reverse compared with 9 forward, and 3 reverse. To make it an even more unfair contest, the LS can lift double what the Deere can on the 3pt, and the FEL can lift almost 400lbs an extra 13" in lift height.

In other words, there is no comparison, even if the LS didn't have a cab with heat and A/C!

Seems its no contest here. Based on this info I wouldn't even bother going to look at the JD.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c
Thanks guys. Yes I do worry about resale but only if it gives me to many fits. As for the cab I know I would like it until the air quit or as I said bush-hogging rocks thru the window. and last but not least is height clearance for in the woods and barns. Again thanks.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c
Oh and the J.D. is the 12 speed tranny with power reverser.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #7  
Man, based on what I read here, it's a no-brainer. Korea vs. India, cab vs. no cab, size and power and hydraulics, what's not to like? Resale is often a matter of well you've taken care of your tractor- dirty and beat or clean and cared for, with a nice "patina" of use. Assuming they both still worked as intended, most of us would go for the LS, used, I think.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c
Both are brand new at dealers lot.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #9  
Got it... I was commenting on the post about Deere green being a better choice for later, possible, resale. Whatever it is, take care of it, and assuming the manufacturer is still in business when you go to sell it, it should hold its value.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #10  
IMO.. i'd take some more time to figure out what your needs really are before doing anything rash. Questions like having a cab or not should not be a seat of the pants decision.