JD 5083e Radio Install with Pics - need help

/ JD 5083e Radio Install with Pics - need help
Maybe reversing the polarity on the speakers isn't that big of a deal? It is a tractor after all - I'm not expecting the best sound. If I guess incorrectly is it possible to test it easily?

/ JD 5083e Radio Install with Pics - need help #12  
The only thing I can suggest is to wire them up individually and see which way sounds better. It won't hurt the speaker but since you don't have a sub, the bass won't sound as good.

So I just finished doing the wiring of the harness and preliminary install of the stereo. This is the schematic from the stereo installation instructions.

image-2897532256.jpg

Referring to the schematic from pclausen, here is how I ended up with the adapter from metra. I ended up removing the wires not used. Could have left them I suppose but I wanted to keep it clean.

image-4224379965.jpg

image-2733481609.jpg

This is the adapter that came with the stereo.

image-4214199833.jpg

This is what I ended up with after connecting the 12v constant, 12v ignition, and illumination. I temporarily connected the speakers to the R/L rears. One if them is reversed polarity. I hope I can tell. I'll remove the wire nuts and replace with the crimped connectors in the field. I cable tied everything to make it neat and just folded over the front speaker wires and antenna power wire. I added a terminal to the ground.

image-930765320.jpg

Finally I removed the blank from the holder and mounted the stereo. You'll notice its not very deep due to this unit being without cd. I haven't used a cd in years.

image-720278527.jpg

image-520218346.jpg

image-3297296448.jpg

image-2593324263.jpg

image-1855996104.jpg

Finally, this unit comes with a wired microphone. I can feed it thorough the side vents on the trim piece, so that will be installed in the field.

image-4026439615.jpg

I have to run to work for a bit so I'll finish the install after lunch.

After testing, I think the left was reversed. Now to button everything up.

image-1858282244.jpg

Sweet. I'm very pleased with my initial impression. Wouldn't you know the first thing that came on was the cards giants game getting ready to start. I guess I don't have any reason to put off bush hogging now.

I ended up just putting the blue tooth microphone on the side of the console.

image-3150224117.jpg

Interestingly the fm works great. I assumed this post sticking out of the front right if the cab was an antenna mount. Is it not? Does the cab have an internal antenna?

image-1346653953.jpg

image-936873779.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their help. I'll post further impressions after I use it for a while.

/ JD 5083e Radio Install with Pics - need help #16  
From the size of the nut, it looks like an antenna, :confused:
break it off and see if you still have FM.:p

From the size of the nut, it looks like an antenna, :confused: break it off and see if you still have FM.:p
Would you please include pictures demonstrating the procedure you're suggesting? I'd hate to mess it up.... ; )

/ JD 5083e Radio Install with Pics - need help #18  
Did you figure out your speakers? They will play fine reversed, for a bit then the spider diaphragm thingy in the center will eventually let go and you'll have paper weights. In the auto industry speaker wires are usually standardized.

Did you figure out your speakers? They will play fine reversed, for a bit then the spider diaphragm thingy in the center will eventually let go and you'll have paper weights. In the auto industry speaker wires are usually standardized.
I believe I did. One side sounded better than the other, so I switched it so they're the same.

/ JD 5083e Radio Install with Pics - need help #20  
Should be good to go then. Hooked up reversed it's not getting the juice it needs, hence the lower volume output. Once you install one they only get easier. I've done about 30-40 between me and friends. Wanna get confused? Throw in 3 amps subwoofer box, power capacitors, lights and cooling fans.