JD 5400 Hydraulic power issue

/ JD 5400 Hydraulic power issue #1  

MACarter

Tractor
John Deere 5400
I can raise my bucket and tip in and out, but have no "power" to lift front tires off the ground. I replaced the pump (truth is I wanted one on the shelf anyways), no affect. Everything else looks good, no leaks, fluid/filter good. Kinda thunkin it may be an internal seal somewhere that decided to make my life a bit difficult. Any thoughts on where I go from here to find the power stealing culprit. '92 5400 - Thanks in advance. Marcus

/ JD 5400 Hydraulic power issue #2  
you've said the magic word a few times power find your relief valve pressure test it and adjust it most are adjustable could be. Few other things but a good place to start

/ JD 5400 Hydraulic power issue #3  
Also try disconnecting and reseating your loader hose couplers

/ JD 5400 Hydraulic power issue
you've said the magic word a few times power find your relief valve pressure test it and adjust it most are adjustable could be. Few other things but a good place to start
Awesome. I'll get back at it this weekend and let you know what I find. I really appreciate your time!

Will do. Thank you! I'll try that first, let you know if it changes anything in my case.

/ JD 5400 Hydraulic power issue #6  

Dman, would that pressure relief valve be in the spool valve or on the hydraulic pump?

/ JD 5400 Hydraulic power issue #7  
First question does your loader have its own valve? If it does then there is relief valve on valve
If it runs off tractor hydraulics then it also has a relief valve so if you have remotes check tractor relief first. Can be done at remotes one hose with coupler, if it is ok then tee into loader hose and check the loader valve. if you need pressures someone here might have a book if not I can go to old shop might have a book yet, let me know

/ JD 5400 Hydraulic power issue #8  
Found this from a older
Post 1996 year tractor number one is relief valve

Attachments

• DB72131E-883A-4E2A-8EEA-FD8F35791AFA.gif
    DB72131E-883A-4E2A-8EEA-FD8F35791AFA.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 19
You hit it! Thank you! They all looked good at first glance, but one was not seated. Hooked back up and perfect! I appreciate your help.

First question does your loader have its own valve? If it does then there is relief valve on valve
If it runs off tractor hydraulics then it also has a relief valve so if you have remotes check tractor relief first. Can be done at remotes one hose with coupler, if it is ok then tee into loader hose and check the loader valve. if you need pressures someone here might have a book if not I can go to old shop might have a book yet, let me know
Thanks. Before I had to get that deep, I was reminded to check loader hose connections and fortunately (and embarrassingly) it was that simple. I appreciate your time. You guys are great!