JD or Kubota

/ JD or Kubota #41  
Ron I think you made a very good choice. Getting a delux full featured tractor for that kind of money is a good deal in my book.

James K0UA

/ JD or Kubota #42  
Are your rear tires loaded (with liquid ballast)? If not you'll want to have them filled or get some sort of weight for the rear of the tractor. Once/ if they are I would spend a little time playing around moving some dirt with the loader. It's a great way to get use to the features of HST+.

The first feature I would learn is the HD-S lever. A great way to get use to it would be to scoop up some dirt with the loader. Drive to the pile in medium with the rabbit displayed. Once the bucket touches the dirt try pushing into the pile (never ram things with the loader). Feel how the tractor starts to run out of power. Now toggle the HD-S lever so the turtle is showing on the display and repeat the test.

The autothrottle is pretty simple. With it off the tractor idling press on the HST pedal. Repeat the test with it on. With a wrench you can adjust the speed the engine runs at when you press the pedal. I lowered mine.

/ JD or Kubota
The rears will be loaded, thanks for the insight on the HST I will definitely try your suggestions al, I have a 10 wheeler of dirt just waiting to be placed,, Cant Wait. I will have to look more into the Auto throttle,
Thanks,,
Rod