Mowing JD X300 transmission problems

/ JD X300 transmission problems #41  
With the K46 transaxle failure is a matter of when , not if. The X370 is the first tractor in the line with a beefy transaxle .
The K57 in the X370 is just a little better then the K46 - adds a pre-charge pump. The X500 series and up have much much better transaxles.
Also TT has manufactured over 6 million K46s you would think if they were that bad there would be 100 posts a day complaining. Some have asked dealers and repair shops about them and most say they never saw one go bad.

/ JD X300 transmission problems #42  
I had a client with a flat tyre and after the repair it will not move.....he lost the key on the axle !

/ JD X300 transmission problems
I thought I would give an update on my 2010 X300 transmission, I changed the oil in my K46 last fall for the first time with 5-50 synthetic and parked it for the winter. I have already mowed twice this Spring and it seems to be doing fine. I'll probably change the tranny oil again this winter one more time and then every three or four years after that.

/ JD X300 transmission problems #44  
Welcome to the site but- Stop the bus!
"Serviced it" ???

Don't blame JD. The whole marketplace was at your disposal. They (JD) have a whole range of mowers, many with serviceable transmissions, but...

YOU purchased a machine with a non-serviceable transmission. Caveat emptor. How could you "service it"? It is sealed & non-serviceable.

So don't blame JD...

You've had 7 years use and a new trans is $1700 (approx) that's less than $250/yr or around $1.40 per day.

There is no description of the terrain this mower is working on. Hours/mow? Slopes? Weight of operator?? All relevant to the discussion.

Your attack on JD is unwarranted. Blame yourself and the dealer you dealt with as these were the only parties to the transaction with any local knowledge. JD just made a machine. They export them worldwide to many satisfied customers.

Some years ago JD reported the milestone of manufacturing their 4 millionth Ride-on Mower and guess how many they had control over the purchaser of? None.

Accept some responsibility for your own actions. You wrote the cheque.

As for suggestions - I say buy something Chinese-made. I doubt you will be able to rant at them in Mandarin.

:2cents:
You seem like a total moron. Get over yourself and your crappy company's products. JD isn't what it used to be. Sorry if you're disappointed, but it's the truth. I have an X300 with under 300 hours on it. Transmission issues, numerous belt problems, pulleys all replaced, tons of problems with the blades, plus a class action lawsuit regarding the ridiculous Kawasaki motors they put in these pieces of junk.

/ JD X300 transmission problems #45  
You seem like a total moron. Get over yourself and your crappy company's products. JD isn't what it used to be. Sorry if you're disappointed, but it's the truth. I have an X300 with under 300 hours on it. Transmission issues, numerous belt problems, pulleys all replaced, tons of problems with the blades, plus a class action lawsuit regarding the ridiculous Kawasaki motors they put in these pieces of junk.
Your ignorance is your bliss.
| have no connection to the company.