John Deere 110 backhoe hardly moving

/ John Deere 110 backhoe hardly moving #1  

jpolcyn

Bronze Member
Tractor
'12 kubota b2920, '70 JD 1020, 04 JD 110TLB
Hi all. I recently purchased a 110 backhoe with 1700hrs that did not move when I bought it. I've seen on here it is mostly electronic so I bought it. When I got it home and starting looking at the potentiometers they were good. Kept digging and found the porptional valves were only getting a couple volts. So the hst controller feeds it. Bought a new Controller recalibrated it and it moves. Great so I thought. It moves but does not have any torque. Will not move in c range only a range with the throttle half open. Started getting code of ground speed sensor so I replaced it with a new one. Didn't work. Went back through all sensors and found the throttle sensor isn't sending the right volts according to the service manual. So I bought a new one however the new one still wrong volts. The potentiometer is physically rotating the wrong way the throttle linkage moves. Does the throttle sensor really keep the machine from having no torque?? Everything I see it has everything to do with anti stall feature.

I put the out riggers down and raise the back tires put tranny in c range wide open tires spin at road speed. However there is no torque behind it.

I'm starting to get worried it is the tranny. Fluids changed filters changed suction filter clean all hoses hard lines good.

I am going to do the charge pump test to makes​ sure the charge pump is sending 200psi tomorrow.

Anybody have any other ideas? I'm at a lost besides the tranny is bad but boy that to me is hard to believe that going out.

Thanks for the help.

/ John Deere 110 backhoe hardly moving
Update:

Turns out JD service manual has a misprint for the voltage specifications for the throttle position poteniomter. Local JD dealer says there is a note saying JD screwed up those specifications.

Still doesn't help because the tractor has no torque and un useable the way it is. but at least ruled something else out that we know is not causing the problems.

Any other help would be appreciated.

Update:

Charge test pressure was good 200psi.

I took the backhoe off and PTO also will not engage which i figure is part of the tranny problem. But also the 3pt lift arms will not drop. I checked the backhoe switch it functions correctly. I put weight on the arms and they will not drop no matter what. Looks like i have 2 problems on my hands now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

/ John Deere 110 backhoe hardly moving #4  
I'm not to familiar with JD tractors but almost all my machines have torque converters. Is there a pto seat safety interlock switch causing the non moving & pto issue?
Did anything look unusual when the oil was changed, draft levers down? More than likely it has an independent PTO. I'd check the pressure on the 3pt, it should be at least 2000psi. Does the loader nose pump run the BH hydraulics? Are there remotes that aren't going back to the loader you can tap in to?
Lots of questions, just trying to get an idea of your machine.

There is a interlock on the seat and it is bypassed. Nothing looked unusual i used a magnet around the fluid container when drained but didnt find anything. Pump on front of motor runs loader and backhkoe. both of those attachments work like a charm. It does not have remotes but a power beyond for the hoe and it works as it should.

Thank you

/ John Deere 110 backhoe hardly moving #6  
There is a interlock on the seat and it is bypassed. Nothing looked unusual i used a magnet around the fluid container when drained but didnt find anything. Pump on front of motor runs loader and backhkoe. both of those attachments work like a charm. It does not have remotes but a power beyond for the hoe and it works as it should.

Thank you

That narrows it down a little bit. Do you have 12v going past the jumped out switch to the relay? How about a pressure test on the lift cover. There should be a pressure plug somewhere on it. There's probably another safety switch on the pto you can check for 12v.

I have 12v going into the solenoid and out of it. Thats was part of my diagnosis when i was trying to get this thing to move.

I will have to look into the 3point at a later date as 3 point doesnt matter if i cant get the tractor to move!!

/ John Deere 110 backhoe hardly moving #8  
jpolcyn;4732260. But also the 3pt lift arms will not drop. I checked the backhoe switch it functions correctly. I put weight on the arms and they will not drop no matter what. Looks like i have 2 problems on my hands now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Josh[/QUOTE said:
As far as I know the backhoe switch only has to do with raising the 3pt. I am sure you know this, but there are two things will keep the arms up, even if everything is working fine. The rate of drop knob, can basically lock the 3pt from lowering at all, and the more obvious raise/lower lever, if its in a high position, the arms would stay up.

/ John Deere 110 backhoe hardly moving #9  
jpolcyn;4732659 I will have to look into the 3point at a later date as 3 point doesnt matter if i cant get the tractor to move!![/QUOTE said:
Copy that. I was looking on the JD website for a parts diagram but it sucks. It's unlikely but I wanted to see if they're using the same pump for the trans and PTO. I did a google TBN search and there seems to be a whole lot of issues with the 110tlb transmissions. Like you said, they all seem to be a sensor issue. Flywheel position

/ John Deere 110 backhoe hardly moving #10  
3pt hitch lift arms. normally a KNOB between your legs, just under the seat. it adjusts the rate of the lift arms (moving and/or dropping down) lots and lots and lots of questions asked about this same thing to many times i do not want to remember.