John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #21  
Thanks guys.

One rod journal is 68.7 MM, while the other three are 69.7.

I am assuming that means the crank needs to come out.

For a tractor split, is it possible to use an engine hoist to support the front from the side to move the front end forward, and then support it with blocking?

Thanks
I don't think an engine hoist from the side will "follow" well as you try to move the front 1/2 forward.

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems
If I try an engine hoist, how much capacity would I need to support the rear end of the front of the tractor. I have a hoist that is 1200 lb capacity.

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #23  
I don't think an engine hoist from the side will "follow" well as you try to move the front 1/2 forward.
Back when I served as a JD dealer service manager we always left front half of tractor stationary & moved rear half aft/fore during a split. We even spilt larger tractors in similar fashion.

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #24  
Back when I served as a JD dealer service manager we always left front half of tractor stationary & moved rear half aft/fore during a split. We even spilt larger tractors in similar fashion.
Did that take two guys? One on each rear tire? What did you use for support that rolled?

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #25  
I built a splitting "wheel" for my JD 2030, I'ved used it for multiple splits, always moved the front 1/2.
2030split.JPG

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #26  
I saw a post once where a guy used wheels from a scaffold. IIRC they had a threaded rod with a large nut that had a crossbar welded on to adjust height. He built a square tube to bolt to the flywheel housing where side frames attach and put the threaded rod of the wheel into the bottom of the tubing. He had one for each side.

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #27  
Did that take two guys? One on each rear tire? What did you use for support that rolled?
I think we utilized 2 people (1 on each rear tire) but that was a looonng time ago. The OTC splitting stands we utilized had caster wheel on trans stand & 2 adjustable legs on engine end of stands.

Hey all. So I finally got around to splitting my 2120 apart and was hoping to post a video of the components in the clutch housing to get your opinions on what is normal. I think the throw out bearing is worn out, but there is also some play in those shafts (sorry, I don't know the names). It's that normal or is there something else going wrong in there?

The fingers on the clutch look good, but i haven't pulled the clutch off yet to inspect the plates.

I guess I can't post a video in here, so here is a YouTube link to it.

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #29  
The center shaft will be supported by the pilot bearing in the end of the engine crank shaft. Play when split is normal. If you have any doubts about the throwout bearing, now is the time to replace it.

Thanks for your reply!

Is the in/out play normal as well?