John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems
I couldn't seem to locate a grease zerk when I looked through the inspection window. Maybe some tractors didn't have them installed?

Is there any way that I could grease the throwout bearing without a zerk, or anything else I could try?
20210817_184453.jpg

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #12  
No greasing of TO brg without presence of grease fitting

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #13  
Tractor was offered with and without grease fitting on TO bearing. Have you tried spinning it to see if it's free/smooth?
Have you checked the PTO clutch lockout on the clutch pedal linkage? Loosen the bolt, and pull back on the clutch pedal and tighten the bolt. (Opposite locks out the PTO clutch, loosen bolt and push clutch pedal, tighten bolt) Bolt moves (when loosened) in slot shown. It should be tight for use.

With 1/2" of free play and still grinds gears, you have worn out clutch, or warped clutch disc.
2120bearing.JPG
2120pedal.JPG

The part with the arrow spins freely.

20210821_224559.jpg

Ok guys, I will probably eventually start a new thread to help with my new problem, but quickly wanted to ask this.

Shortly after I was posting about the Clutch, the tractor developed a knock and lots of blowby.

I have the engine apart in frame and have found a bad rod bearing. I'm thinking the crank will have to come out and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not the crank can be removed in frame on a 2120?

Also, will removing the crank require the same split as would be required to inspect the Clutch?

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #16  
To R&R crankshaft one will need to split tractor similar to R&R traction clutch.

Will I need to pull the engine out? I don't currently have a way to lift an engine out, so I trying to figure out what I'll need to finish the job.

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #18  
Crankshaft can be R&R from the bottom. I once had a broken crankshaft in a Chev 6.L diesel replaced while engine remained in the truck. Having engine in a rotating engine stand to R&R crankshaft would be much easier task.

Thanks guys.

One rod journal is 68.7 MM, while the other three are 69.7.

I am assuming that means the crank needs to come out.

For a tractor split, is it possible to use an engine hoist to support the front from the side to move the front end forward, and then support it with blocking?

Thanks

/ John Deere 2120 Clutch Problems #20  
Yes it can be split that way. I am afraid you will not be successful pulling the crank from the bottom. I don’t think the timing cover can be removed without separating the front support from the engine block. When you already have to split it to remove flywheel and flywheel housing, engine will be out when it is separated from front axle support.