John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #1  

Kelso

Tractor
JD 3320 w 300CX Loader; JD 830 (1975); Farmall Cub (1948)
HI I have JD 3320 with 300CX loader, and would like to add a grapple for the front. Titan attachments indicated I need 3rd SCV hydraulics, I don't have this, nor for the rear.
Is it possible to install the rear SCV and run hoses to the front for operation of the grapple? Any experience with this or installing the rear SCV would be helpful to hear and learn. I know I can get the rear SCV kit from JD. Any other suggestions?

Also, if anyone has installed a winch on the front of their compact tractor, please advise, make and any help to install?

Thank you!

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #2  
Is it possible to install the rear SCV and run hoses to the front for operation of the grapple?

I ran hyd hose from the rear to the front for a grapple (The Thumb) on the forks on my 430 FEL. Works just fine.. have quick connects at the mounts so the FEL can be detached, and another set at the front so the forks can be exchanged out for the bucket.

For a dry run, I threaded a garden hose down over the rear axle on the left side, then up along the loader boom. Then marked where the disconnects should be with some tape.. pulled out the hose and could then measure for the lengths of hyd hose needed.

The rear SCV was a kit, don't know if it is available for your 3320. But the parts are, if the kit is not.

:welcome: back to TBN

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple
Thank you for your note, beenthere, that helps much... I'll give the garden hose measurements a try, great idea.

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #4  
To install a rear SCV on your tractor you will need to purchase a spool valve with a power beyond port. To power the valve unhook the pressure line to your existing loader valve and run a hose from the pressure line to the pressure port in your new valve. Then run a hose from the power beyond port in the new valve to the fitting on the loader valve that you unhooked the pressure line from. There is a plug in the hydraulic reservoir near your 3 point hitch arms. Unscrew the plug and attach a hose from the tank port on the new valve to this plug in the tractor. This is the easiest way to hookup additional valves.

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #5  
Good that you can get the 3rd SCV kit from your dealer. Not a big task to install (did on my 4300) and the 3rd spool valve is included in your existing spool valve (looks like it from parts), IF your s/n is under 71000.
Remove the right rear tire and fender.. enough to get at the dual SCV valve and connect to the 3rd spool with linkage and hyd lines.

Added mine to use with the hyd. top arm which I cannot live without. A nuisance when I have to disconnect it to use the grapple.. working on a plan to add a diverter, but very little room to work with so for the present, just switch the hose pair at the rear.

Attachments

• 3320_Spool_valve.jpg
    3320_Spool_valve.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 3320_3rdSCV.JPG
    3320_3rdSCV.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 407
Ok, thank you for that information, both of you. The diagram helps also.

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #7  
they sell diverter valves that mount on the loader and use tilt circuit , way easier than adding rear scv and hoses . artilian -i think makes the kit about $500 if i remember

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #8  
Ok, thank you for that information, both of you. The diagram helps also.

Kelso
I have pics of the addition of the kit on my 4300 if interested.. tire and fender removed, and valve assembly exposed to add the hyd. lines. Suspect the kit is nearly the same. Pretty straight forward getting at the valve bank and adding the lines. The good part is you said you can get the kit.

Attachments

• Valve-removed.jpg
    Valve-removed.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 170
   / John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #9  
I too have a 4300 with the manual 3rd SCV run from the back up to the grapple. But I will be changing to the diverted valve setup. I prefer to keep my hand on the joy stick when working the grapple.

You can DIY the diverter for about 1/2 the cost of the retail kits. The valve is $60, and the wiring harness is $93 (thanks Kenny). The hose ends and fittings are about $75 (I will splice into the current hoses, and have additional hose on hand). I will run a pair of hard lines from the valve down the inside of the boom to 3/8" flush face couplers.

Kenny also sells a diverter kit for the 30xx tractors. If you go with the JD ergo handle, you will need a relay box, as the handle push buttons are only rated for signal current level. The valve coil current level will burn up the ergo handle contacts.

Thank you sir! Yeah, I believe I can get the kit, and then go from there. Been studying the instructions, seems like I can do it. Kenny with boltsonus.com indicated that the situated remote handle joystick is at awkward place, which I can see where that would be the place since mine is older 3320, 2005 model. Just have to work with it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and pic!