John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple
Hi thanks for your note, not sure about relay box, I believe the kit has wiring etc for my fuse box. I would like the ergo handle one tho.

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #12  
Kelso, Kenny's standard kit comes with a push button switch that is direct wire (no relays). The switch attaches to the loader joystick stalk. That's the harness i have.

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #13  
I did the Deere 3rd function and loader oil line kits on my 2008 3320 and the included instructions make it pretty simple. The 3rd function kit is just a lever, 2 hard oil lines, a bracket and some fittings. At the time the 3rd function kit was considerably cheaper than any of the diverter options. I don't find it awkward at all to use the separate 3rd function lever since its near the joystick and I typically only clamp down on a log or pile of brush once and then only open it once at the dump location. Sure, a button might be handier but we got by without them for a long time :)

Last edited:
   / John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #14  
Thinking that "The Thumb" from Greens Machine would work with enough force to hold a log and a pile of brush to the forks using a 12v linear actuator from Surplus Center. Then only would need to feed the control wires to the front of the FEL and use a toggle switch.

Find various ones that are 8" stroke with 1000 lb force. Should hold fairly well, but has only been a passing thought since all hooked up with hydraulic now.
8" Stroke High Speed 1??? Lbs 12 Volt DC Linear Actuator w/Limit Switches GlideForce GF17-121??8-1-65 | DC Linear Actuators | Linear Actuators | Electrical | www.surpluscenter.com

Thank you again, sorry being MIA. I wish I was more knowledgeable with all of this.
I believe Kenny recommended me going with Artelian set up kit, due to my 3320 is older model and easier to operate, then next will be grapple selection. Any thoughts? I'm looking at Everything Attachements. Thanks again.

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #16  
You can't go wrong with an EA grapple.

Last edited:
Thanks Kenny, yeah, they look like good products and light weight like you indicated.
Just concerned with the diverter job, making it work. I'll contact Artellian and go from there.
Thanks

Hi Kenny, do you recommend any of your products for hydraulic connection for a grapple? As oppose to Artellian? Their kit runs approx $800 So, just studying options. thanks.

/ John Deere 3320 w, 300CX loader - hydraulic requirements for grapple #19  
Hi Kenny, do you recommend any of your products for hydraulic connection for a grapple? As oppose to Artellian? Their kit runs approx $800 So, just studying options. thanks.
We use the same valve body and electrics, but their kit has all the hoses, fittings, front bulkhead, and mounting hardware in the kit for a true plug-n-play install, everything including detailed instructions specific to your model is in the box.

If you have the time, resources, energy, and knowledge to source all that your self you can cave some money.

Ok thanks, yeah makes sense.