john deere on strike

/ john deere on strike #32  
...and management loves the union workers getting better pay and benefits because that means they do too.
Google demand pull inflation. One of the common leading causes of inflation.

/ john deere on strike #33  
I have had several folks over the years say to me “wow, your employer sure does pay well and gives you good benefits“. I respond with “no, my union got me those wages and decent health insurance and safety standards in place so I go home in one piece at the end of the day.“ I have been around some workers that refused to join the union but they had no problem accepting the raise in pay the union got us. By the way, many of the regulations that OSHA and MSHA has in place came from pressure from unions to ensure that workers made it home to their families at the end of the day.
As I said, it had a purpose at the time. That time is long past.

/ john deere on strike #34  
Most unions today don't really care about the worker as long as union has power and can raise dues so union have just become another money hungry entity...

/ john deere on strike #35  
Most unions today don't really care about the worker as long as union has power and can raise dues so union have just become another money hungry entity...
Unions are only strong as the members....But yeah sometimes the union is worse than the company..I wouldn't join one again

/ john deere on strike #37  
Good friends retired after 43 years in Union and medical was part of deal...

Retired a few years and Union said retired on their own...

It sure did leave a bad taste after so many years of Union support...

Honoring commitments isn't what it use to be...

/ john deere on strike #38  
Good friends retired after 43 years in Union and medical was part of deal...

Retired a few years and Union said retired on their own...

It sure did leave a bad taste after so many years of Union support...

Honoring commitments isn't what it use to be...
Did the union drop the medical? Or did the company quit sponsoring it?

/ john deere on strike #39  
As far as robotics go, many of the low skill jobs are replaced with high skilled, good paying jobs that keep those robots humming.
That is true, however it leaves the people without the mental or physical capabilities to do those high skilled, good paying jobs out in the cold. They then go to work at McDonalds or go on the dole, and we ***** about them.

/ john deere on strike #40  
The union dropped medical for retired to boost pensions for those currently working...

Butchers Union in particular...

Two brothers both in Union...

First retired with 1200 month pension but excellent medical...

5 years in excellent medical dropped for retired...

Brother retired shortly after and no medical but has 40 years and 2800 pension...