john deere welderator

/ john deere welderator #1  

cowski

Platinum Member
Tractor
cx70,5510,4630,5005, 108s
john deere is now offering a welder,generator and air compressor .it costs $4775.it is powered by a 14 hp subaru gas engine.170 dc amps.5000 start up watts and 175 psi air pressure.sure would have been nice to have when i was row cropping.

/ john deere welderator #2  
What a rip off! Booooo!

/ john deere welderator
i guess you would rather have a miller for 12000.

/ john deere welderator #4  
Nah. For less money I got this. 23hp kohler, 12,000 watt and 300amp.

ForumRunner_20130814_064423.png

/ john deere welderator #5  
I am sure they will sell them. Space in the service truck is at a premium.

/ john deere welderator #7  
Mike how do you like that new machine? :drool:

Oh im loving it bud! I haven't had a chance to do a full review on it yet cause when im home all its been doing is making me money :) all the farm boys been haying by me and breaking everything. I never got my Ln 25 yet, and after I got my last issue resolved my tig machine took another crap. 2nd time in about six months and I said screw it ill fix it again another time and keep it as a backup and my lws gave me a deal on a new syncrowave 210 that I just picked up last night. It got late on me quick and never got a chance to use it and I gotta leave town for a while so cant even give a review on it yet. Ughh! I went with a inverter because my electrician friend swears it's the cutting back on the grids that's screwing up my old machine. Miller states this machine is built to handle a dirty power supply. Can't wait to try this dirty girl :D

ForumRunner_20130814_102003.png

View attachment 332075

/ john deere welderator #8  
I would go with either an auction engine drive, and an electric air compessor strapped on top, or a used generator with air compressor and a nice inverter. I could put the whole rig together, that would work better, for under a grand...

/ john deere welderator #9  
I would go with either an auction engine drive, and an electric air compessor strapped on top, or a used generator with air compressor and a nice inverter. I could put the whole rig together, that would work better, for under a grand...

Totally agree. And if you put it together yourself, and are installing it in your service truck, you'd probably find a real nice location for an oversized air tank for the system. Like underneith, or on top of the cab where you dont want a lot of weight. Plumb it with hose. Put on a quick connect to fill the tank at home every morning, so actual service stops may not even require the electric air compressor to run much.

/ john deere welderator #10  
I like the ideal of a welder, generator, compressor combo machine. Dont know that i really need one, but would probably jump at the chance to buy a good used one. When you think about it a little bit, most engine drive welders i have ever seen can be used as generators. The welder hooks to the tail shaft of the engine, why couldnt you just add a compressor to the flywheel side of the engine and a couple of those contractor compressor air tanks to just about any brand of welder, and make your own combo. I probably wouldnt go thru all that trouble, but it should be easy enough to be done if you really have the need for it.