Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects #31  
When is all the spam going to be removed from the welding site?

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects #32  
I see 93 posts on WeldingSite in the month of May. 90 of the posts are prescription drug spam. Not a single welding post until one, yesterday. The entire list of 'New Members' is one-post spammers.

WeldingSite was begun after WeldingWeb, a huge site for pros, disappeared. WeldingWeb's corporate owner had been absorbed into a larger multinational and the new owners weren't interested. So there seemed to be an opportunity for WeldingSite to host all those orphan posters.

But then months later, WeldingWeb reappeared, restored from old backups, with several of its final months lost. Unfortunately for M's WeldingSite, all the old WW posters resumed posting over there. I expect this killed the opportunity to sell advertising on WeldingSite.

I feel bad now for encouraging Muhammad to start this new enterprise. It seems to be a gamble that didn't pan out.

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects #33  
The spam problem should be fixable. Seems those users could be banned/blocked, sign up procedure tightened up and the existing spam delete.

Need help, let me know.

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects #34  
I see 93 posts on WeldingSite in the month of May. 90 of the posts are prescription drug spam. Not a single welding post until one, yesterday. The entire list of 'New Members' is one-post spammers.
Don't really know what brought this back up. I think someone posted and the post was deleted. I took a look at site and the spam is still there. Bummer, to say the least. Not worth the bandwidth to view.

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects #35  
Like so many sites today, lack luster or just plain indifference to the site quality of the admins....

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects #36  
I finally checked out the site.. WOW, what a magnet for Spam!!! The thread on converting a welder from AC to DC was dormant, but now has about 6 ads for various generic drugs.

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects #37  
They have infiltrated every thread. If Mohammed cannot block them he needs to shut down the whole site and start all over. I won't even bother to go to it anymore. There is dagger they may infiltrate and/or corrupt our computers and sites.

Ron

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects
I finally checked out the site.. WOW, what a magnet for Spam!!! The thread on converting a welder from AC to DC was dormant, but now has about 6 ads for various generic drugs.
Will clean it up shortly.

/ Join WeldingSite For More Welding, Fabrication, and Projects #40  
what delete button?
I"ve got Report Edit Delete in the bottom left corner