Just a reminder for those with septic systems

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems #21  
Turnkey if it doesn't snow for a wk. or so the snow will melt of yours as well.

Nope, It's been a week or more since the last snow. Been here snce 1976 and have never seen it melt over the tank.

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems #22  
Some folks, maybe most of us, just become accustomed to using a certain amount of TP. Even if we buy the super-nice 2-ply, super-soft, super-absorbent stuff, some "users" still rip off a yard or more per use. That is all non-degradable solids in the tank.
I never understood why a women needed a yard or two to wipe after peeing. TP usage goes way up when I have women visiting.

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems #23  
Speaking of which, here in Paris TX, it costs north of $300 to get a tank pumped. Not sure why so expensive except that the whole area has poor percolation, so it might be a high demand thing. I also don't know how expensive it is for the services to empty their trucks. It causes me to explore exotic sewage treatment options, although I haven't decided on anything yet.

(When we were shopping for a house, I used Google Earth extensively to scout properties. During my research I discovered that you can spot residential septic fields really well with GE (plant growth), and even figure out how well it's working. Now when I use GE, the septic fields and outflows are so obvious that I automatically notice it.)
It was easy to find the septic line at my parents old house with the green grass. I just looked on Google Earth at my place and you wont find a green strip at my place. The septic lines are so deep that the water doesn't reach the surface before it percolates downward. With just the wife and I generally here, I don't think any water ever gets past the first of the 4 distribution boxes. With 4 bathrooms feeding the system, it was designed to handle usage from all 4 so we could use everything in the house at once and not overload it.

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems
Turnkey it's been a while so I had forgot mine being covered with a few ft. of clay never melted either until I put risers to the top on everything. In order to melt the snow the tank would have to be close to the surface.
The tank vents out the roof vents on our homes so a percentage of the heat escapes that way.

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems #26  
I never understood why a women needed a yard or two to wipe after peeing. TP usage goes way up when I have women visiting.

Reminds me of a story.....

A self-conscious wife asks her husband, "Honey, are my breasts too small?"

"No, honey, they're fine, but if you want to make them bigger, why don't you rub toilet paper between them?" he suggests.

For the next couple of weeks, the wife rubs toilet paper between her breasts several times a day, but sees no results.

"Honey, where did you get the idea that this toilet paper thing would work?"

"Well, you've been rubbing toilet paper on your butt all these years and that's getting bigger."

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems #27  
We are having a new house built. We have the first two years of maintenance included in the contract and after that we're on our own unless we want to extend the contract for $200 a year. That will include all pumping necessary and maintenance on the system. Sounds like a good deal to me.

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems #28  
We had our place built in 73 and had the tank pumped once around 2000.

I drain my washer and softener drain separately outside.

Those pumping guys should charge by the hour. When I had him come, I had located the tank, dug up the lids and had it open.

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems #29  
That's a good story, ain't the truth, I got to remember that one.

/ Just a reminder for those with septic systems #30  
Turnkey it's been a while so I had forgot mine being covered with a few ft. of clay never melted either until I put risers to the top on everything. In order to melt the snow the tank would have to be close to the surface.
The tank vents out the roof vents on our homes so a percentage of the heat escapes that way.

Mine isn't very deep but it has no cleanout (I have to dig out the top to get it pumped) and also vents back through the house vents.

I don't doubt at all that some, maybe most, will melt snow above them. Mine doesn't