Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,491  
View attachment 795045
Finally got the WD 40 degreaser. Amazon claimed to have the liquid but kept postponing delivery so many times that I cancelled the order.
Wound up ordering the aresol cans 6 pack Which was actually priced the same as individually ordering 4 cans.
Any way tested it out on a stubborn spot on the yard vac and after letting it soak a little the stain came right out. I’ll try to remember to post some pictures after I use a chainsaw and clean it up. But so far it seems good. Thanks for the recommendation.
Not sure why pic is side ways.
Never even knew they sold it like that. (y)

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,492  
Never even knew they sold it like that. (y)
I had to hunt for the hand sprayer, most of what i found was aerosol like 2 bit shows. I don't use the saw much anymore, but also found chain lasted longer if i replaced the drive sprocket when it got too worn. Used to harvest firewood it burned areas and trees killed by beetles etc, so it was dry and dusty so not the best for moving parts on the saw.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,493  
I have looked for it and most sellers are out of stock

#1,495  
I guess the spray is alright. It helps get it down in cracks. I think it works very well.
I was curious yesterday. Local walmart was out. But advanced auto parts had the regular bottles like I was used to seeing.

Least we know options out there now.

I noticed bottles have changed and thinking had red cap.

My old pic.

wd40f.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,496  
Curious about this stuff. Always looking for a better way. I've been using Dawn spray on degreaser and it works ok but not as good as carb cleaner. I'm running low on the last 5gln can of the banned Trichloroethylene. TCE. It's non flammable.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,497  
I picked up a Shindaiwa 757c with a 24in bar on it at an auction. it's a beast and went for half the price of a similar Stihl. Will be great for occasional use when my Stihl won't cut it.

any opinions on older Shindaiwa stuff? It was an impulse buy. pulled it out of the truck and started in 2 pulls. Seems very torquey.

#1,498  
I picked up a Shindaiwa 757c with a 24in bar on it at an auction. it's a beast and went for half the price of a similar Stihl. Will be great for occasional use when my Stihl won't cut it.

any opinions on older Shindaiwa stuff? It was an impulse buy. pulled it out of the truck and started in 2 pulls. Seems very torquey.
Info on 757 and how it compares to others in cc range. shindaiwa 757

#1,499  
Stihl MS660 MS251 in wont start. All I did was swap out mix. Put my fresh in and few pulls on each running.

The 660 fuel was so dark. The 251 had water in it. White flakes floating in both.

Check your mix cans etc and rinse them out from time to time. Putting new on top of old isnt helping folks.Whatever is in there is ruining your new mix.

Last edited:
   / Just another junk chainsaw #1,500  
Perusing Flea Bay I see that owners selling Stihl's are very proud of them. Gonna sell one of my MS Stihl's. Lightly used with a 20" roller nose Stihl bar and 325 chipper chain plus an additional loop, sharp of course. Muffler mod too. Bar is pristine too with no scratches or paint missing on it. Saw is the same way.