Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,471  
   / Just another junk chainsaw
#1,472  
Talk about a ratted out loop.......... Woozer.

You know not everyone can afford the better saws. They make do with what they got. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

But you know I still get paid the same hourly wage to clean that saw as I do a $2000 saw when working on them. ;)

s088.jpg

Last edited:
   / Just another junk chainsaw #1,473  
I was referring to the loop, not the saw. I get paid the same as well... nothing, because they are all mine.

You and I both know the only thing that differentiates between a good cutting saw and one that sucks is the sharpness of the chain and that chain in your picture flat sucks.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,474  
Interesting comment. I've never had black stains on my saws but then I don't cut railroad ties either.

#1,475  
I was referring to the loop, not the saw. I get paid the same as well... nothing, because they are all mine.

You and I both know the only thing that differentiates between a good cutting saw and one that sucks is the sharpness of the chain and that chain in your picture flat sucks.
Thats Oregon LG 76. What came on the saw when put on bench. Figure about 1/3 left from the homeowner use.

No longer made with the small cutters. Like stihl 33TS

Racers like it for the chassis but with the full size 3/8 cutters.

76lgboxx.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,476  
Thats Oregon LG 76. What came on the saw when put on bench. Figure about 1/3 left from the homeowner use.

No longer made with the small cutters. Like stihl 33TS

Racers like it for the chassis but with the full size 3/8 cutters.

View attachment 790310
Time to sharpen it. Exactly what I'm about to do. I have 4 loops of 325 that need dressed and I'm anxious to try out the Diamond Abrasives wheel I bought anyway. It's much finer that the Oregon wheels and renders a better (sharper tooth) and unlike the Oregon wheels, they don't destroy the temper either as in no heat. Headed for the shop.

Have a good day.

#1,478  
Figured better take these before testing.

61cc thin rings

Crazy what they want for a 60cc saw now days. But figure cost back then to todays $ that was high even back then.

c37l.jpg
c37ll.jpg
c37lll.jpg
c37llll.jpg
c37lllll.jpg

cadd.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,479  
Nothing is cheap today and it's getting worse. Got all the loops sharpened. Sure do like the Diamond Abrasives wheel.