Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???
Well we looked at doublewides. Once we started getting quotes back for financing we told them to pound sand.

One lender was extremely shady. They wanted 17,000 in fees and wouldn't give it to me in writing I was actually fix8ng to turn them in to the states attorneys office for price gouging.

We got a small section to finish clearing for the build site. That's mainly to knock the trees back a safe distance from the buildings.

We're gonna put a 18x40 carport out there tall enough for an RV. As well as a 30x40 steel building out there for storage.

Later, we'll get plumbing roughed in, have a slab poured, and then have a steel building installed for a Barndominium. Once the shells up, we'll work on the interior and finances dictate.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #102  
Call a logging company

Call a logging company
Tried that I did do a Google search tonight and actually found a couple timber loggers in our area. So I'll make a couple calls during lunch tomorrow.

Maybe I can get someone else to clear off the bulk of the property and get paid for it as well

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #104  
Trouble is loggers leave the stumps and brush, plus only take the good trees and leave the smaller stuff or trees they can’t make money on. If you ask them to get rid of the slash, they probably will turn the job down.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #105  
I bought 7.3 acres last fall. I want to put a small cabin on it but money is tight since I also decided to retire. I have about 3 acres clear, rest wooded. I haven’t explored trailers, wife won’t want one.

Trouble is loggers leave the stumps and brush, plus only take the good trees and leave the smaller stuff or trees they can’t make money on. If you ask them to get rid of the slash, they probably will turn the job down.
I figured that already. Currently, I have to cut down the trees, cut up the trees to a manageable size, pile everything up, burn off everything, then deal with the stumps. Plus having to deal with chunks of cut wood that is 36" in diameter.

If they take down the bigger stuff and haul it off. Pay me for what they got. Then all I have to deal with is the smaller stuff, pile the slash and deal with the stumps.

It removes part of the work load for me.

I bought 7.3 acres last fall. I want to put a small cabin on it but money is tight since I also decided to retire. I have about 3 acres clear, rest wooded. I haven’t explored trailers, wife won’t want one.
Unless your paying cash for a trailer, it's not worth it. The financing companies get predatory with their fees and financing costs.

We're gonna put a shop and camper out on our property for now, and I'll build something as I go.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #108  
Have you investigated a small ICF or SIPs build?

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #109  
I've never clear cut any timber so my opinion is tilted. I don't like the end result that loggers leave. Your timber will look like a tornado went thru. Good trees will be damaged by falling the larger trees. The left behind debris is horrific.

But, if clear cut is the goal, then you can make a little money using a logger.

The amount of timber cut always varies a LOT between what the logger says, the hauler says and the sawmill says. A lot of variance. And the number the land owner gets is lower than all of them. :)

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #110  
We're gonna put a shop and camper out on our property for now, and I'll build something as I go.

That’s what I want to do, the county said no shop or any buildings before the house.
The loophole is as soon as I apply for house building permit I can apply for shop permit. So if I apply for both, and build shop first…….
Or build a very small house to start with, basically a room to stay in while I enlarge it later.
It’s 4 hrs away.