Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #201  
Wow, your subs are showing up!

Response from all trades is way better this year than the past two. I hired a well and septic install after the 4th of July using 2 different contractors, and both were done by early August.

I need fill around the building we have going up and called a trucking company for 100 yards of overburden this Wednesday afternoon, and it was delivered by 1:00 PM Thursday.

Hired a gutter company also this week for 144’ of gutters with downspouts, and they said within one to two weeks for install.

Spray foam that I contracted about two weeks ago will be finishing the 3 day install tomorrow, on a Saturday.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what???
Camper got delivered tonight. I'll work on getting it hooked up and set up tomorrow.

I didn't realize we inherited a greatful dead tire cover

Grandson had some fun and was pretty intent on helping out PaPa as well
20230909_164455.jpg
20230909_165202.jpg
IMG_20230909_183837.jpg
IMG_20230909_183831.jpg

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #203  
Only open your slinky hose when you dump and not leave open all the time.

Only open your slinky hose when you dump and not leave open all the time.
I've had a camper before

Me and the little man were looking on where we were gonna hard pipe it too. I stopped by a camper sales place this morning and bought the adapter to PVC pipe. I'll pick up the pvc pipe and fittings tomorrow when I stop at Home Depot for the lumber for the deck/ ramp for the pooch

Been working on the deck this weekend. Gotta get a couple more pounds of screws and 3 bundles of 1x2 to finish the railings.

We had to keep the side closest to the camper open so we had access to the the storage bins. One of the bins has outlets that I need to access for the heated water hose this winter.

Left the one post high. Camper doesn't have an outside light. So I'm exploring options for some sort of remote operated light so we can light up the porch area at night when needed.

20230917_165330.jpg

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #206  
Been working on the deck this weekend. Gotta get a couple more pounds of screws and 3 bundles of 1x2 to finish the railings.

We had to keep the side closest to the camper open so we had access to the the storage bins. One of the bins has outlets that I need to access for the heated water hose this winter.

Left the one post high. Camper doesn't have an outside light. So I'm exploring options for some sort of remote operated light so we can light up the porch area at night when needed.

View attachment 821840
They have some great battery led motion lights.

They have some great battery led motion lights.
We've discussed those. The only issue is it coming on all night long due to critters.

I haven't had an chance to look yet to see if they have any that offer an off and on by remote.

/ Just bought 6 acre of land. Now what??? #208  
We've discussed those. The only issue is it coming on all night long due to critters.

I haven't had a chance to look yet to see if they have any that offer an off and on by remote.
Maybe sensor to go on only for BIG critters. 😳

Electrician finished their stuff Tuesday.

Power company set two poles and hooked up power on Thursday.

So today, I hooked up water and power to the camper. Finished hooking up the septic line from the camper.

Then finished the deck.

Got everything tested out in the camper.

And finished the deck.

Wife and sister in law spent the time out their cleaning the interior.

Moving in next weekend.

Gonna pick up take out for dinner tonight. And take gypsy over to the camper to let her start getting used to it. I'm sure there is gonna be lots of sniffing involved. Especially in the yard

20230923_155023.jpg
20230923_155031.jpg
20230923_155037.jpg
20230923_155048.jpg

Picked up takeaway and the pooch. Letting her just chill for a bit and get used to the camper.

Hopefully this move won't stress her put as bad as the last one.

IMG_20230923_190931.jpg
20230923_190901.jpg