Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?
Can I idle at a higher RPM?

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #12  
Some units, if you bypass the regen too many times, it will require dealer intervention to enter regen. This is because the ECM will only allow the engine to run at de rated power, limp mode.
Regen could have been bypassed, or if this unit uses an injector in the DPF to burn off soot, that injector could be bad, or the fuel supply to the injector disrupted. I’d properly warm up the unit, then run it up to PTO rpm and try to start a regen to see if it will complete. If not, then I’d be calling a dealer for service.

DPF equipped tractors really need to spend most of their time at 1800rpm and above to keep the DPF clean. When it’s clogged, the tractor has to run at 2500+ rpm usually to get hot enough to regen and burn off soot

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #13  
Without a manual, is hard to be 100% sure, but to me, it suggest that it's asking for a regen (top light) and wants a load on the engine to increase that exhaust temp (bottom light) so it can start the regen process.

I think I would go for a long drive in High gear, to put some load on that engine so it can start the regen process.

That's my theory anyway.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #14  
Can I idle at a higher RPM?
If your not going to use your tractor for a minute or more I'd just shut it off. If you want to be parked and run at 2,000+ rpms I guess you could but why not just shut it off? If your running a 3-Pt implement like log splitter I'd run it above 2,000rpm.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #15  
The 1739e (and 1734e) should enter regen every 4 hours. Regen should last about 30 mins.
There are many reasons that could make the regen last longer.

The top light tells you that the regen is occurring. This dumps a lot more diesel into the exhaust (via the burner's 2 injectors).
The bottom light won't come on until the exhaust is hot. On a normal regen, the top light will go off when the burner stops dumping diesel into the exhaust. The bottom light won't turn off until the exhaust cools off a bit.

Like others mentioned here, you must run above 2000rpm (I think the manual says 1800... but I would go higher as heat is your friend here) in order to regen properly. If you run lower, you won't heat the DPF filter enough to burn the soot and like others said, you will only add more soot that will need burning.

As this tractor is new to you, you will want to run it in the green (2450 ish rpm) until the top light goes away. My tractor currently will not exit the regen. I beleive that it is because my burner injectors need to be cleaned.

This tractor has 2 fuel filters. 1 is under the tractor and is a cheap inline filter. This filter is easily clogged and can starve the burner of fuel. This can lead to lots of problems that will damage your burner/dpf. The second fuel filter is the typical filter in the see-through canister. If you even notice air in that canister, you might have a clogged fuel filter under the tractor.

If I were you I would check those filters right away. Ensure diesel is flowing properly. Then see if the regen will complete. If it doesn't you can try to inspect the burner and dpf. From other threads, it should be obvious if there is a problem with the DPF. The burner might have hidden problems (bad injectors/glow plugs).

I loved this tractor until my DPF/burner pooped the bed.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #16  
I loved this tractor until my DPF/burner pooped the bed.

That's terrible. I'm under the impression they changed the emission system for the 18 series to something more like Mahindra uses; the DPF must have cost AGCO some money for them to make that change.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?
So I ran it now for about 2 hours, did some tilling and some loader work, always on the green area. The two lights are still on. Is it safe to say they are stuck on now or do I need to run it longer?

Where under the tractor is the little filter I should change? I already picked up a carquest 86006 to replace it with.

The tractor only has ~250 hours. At the auction they made a video and the lights were off but the tractor was on, so I'm guessing the cycle kicked in a bit later. I know they were idling it for a bit every day until it was picked up. The light was already on when I first got it.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #18  
Is it safe to say they are stuck on now or do I need to run it longer?
Tough to say. I've been running mine for much longer with the hopes it'll fix itself. I'm going to clean my burner injectors next and see if that helps. If you have a dealership nearby it might be worth it for them to have a look at it.
Where under the tractor is the little filter I should change? I already picked up a carquest 86006 to replace it with.
filter.png
Under the seat, probably hidden behind that plate. The filter in this picture sits different than the stock filter.
I know they were idling it for a bit every day until it was picked up
That might be the prob. Could just have been idle'd too long while wanting to regen.
You could always inspect the burner and DPF. It shouldn't take more than a few hours depending on your skill level. My DPF (The HUGE cylinder under the hood) looked fine when I took it apart. I couldn't get the 1st filter out (Not shown in the picture below)... some people suggest that it is glued in, but the exhaust pipe leading to it wasn't too filthy and I was able to move air through it without trouble. The 2nd filter pops out easily and was very clean in my case.

Here's a breakdown of the burner (from https://parts.agcocorp.com/us/en/ap...=MF+1739E+COMPACT+TRACTOR+(AG3XXXXXXXKXXXXXX))
Injectors are #4 (x2)
burner.png

Here's the DPF (from https://parts.agcocorp.com/us/en/ap...=MF+1739E+COMPACT+TRACTOR+(AG3XXXXXXXKXXXXXX))
DPF.png

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #19  
That's terrible. I'm under the impression they changed the emission system for the 18 series to something more like Mahindra uses; the DPF must have cost AGCO some money for them to make that change.
I think you are correct that they changed the emission system. I haven't stumbled upon any other tractors that performed regens every 4 hours.
The only good thing seems to be that our system is so basic that it's fool proof. Until that 1 fuel filter gets clogged 🤬

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #20  
The 1739e (and 1734e) should enter regen every 4 hours. Regen should last about 30 mins.

Sheesh! I didn't realize that any tractors went into regen for 30 minutes every 4 hours. We've really gone overboard with these emission systems. The regen cycle probably burns more fuel than the net carbon savings from the particulate filter. More inefficiency injected into simple systems.