Comparison Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy???????

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #51  
My dealer was 90+ miles away.
In the 13 years (1850 hours) I've owned it the tractor has never been back

As a new Kioti owner, I'm liking this alot! Love my Kioti dealer, but he's almost 100 miles away, and the 14' landscape trailer that I've hauled my small Kubotas around with for years won't work with the bigger tractor. Come to think of it though, my Kubota dealer is 30 miles away, and my B2150 has only been to the shop three times in 21 years, and the GF1800 twice in 15 years. All but one of the trips was for warranty work, so the dealer picked them up and dropped them back off. My experience is anecdotal, of course, but given the high quality of the tractors the OP has in mind, whichever brand he goes with, I doubt they'll need more than routine maintenance for a long time.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #52  
If a poster fails to point out both the pros and cons of the models being considered, even the littliest bit (if that's all you know)., then they are usually being biased, and therefore misleading. Leaving out considerable facts is also misleading. And when this comes from an experienced member with many hours under their belt, it's even more egregious. Say you don't know when you don't know. Try to be objective, fair, and complete when you do know. Or maybe don't comment at all if all you can do is bash a brand.

Now, back to the OPs considerations: Others may differ, but when I wanted an earth mover (loader and backhoe mainly), I wanted the heaviest tractor I could make (within its limits), coupled with high hydraulic flow, and good controls. That is why I chose Kioti. Had I wanted a mower (even a bush hog) as the primary use, I'd probably bought a Kubota or Deere (finish mowing). But I wanted a digger, and chose the CK25. Didn't need the HP, but went with a gear to get maximum power to the ground for lowest price (yes HST is better for loader work). I went with R4's and had them filled to make it even heavier. If it didn't stay planted (which is does), I would have added more weight via wheel or suitcase weights. In fact, if this is really what the OP wants, I suggest moving up to the CK27 or CK30 to get an even heavier tractor. That's what I did. I started out thinking CK20. Decided it wasn't adequate weight or flow wise. The new CK2510 is in between the CK20 and CK27.

BTW, backhoes cost about $1K per foot. So if you found a new 6.5' for $5K, that's a good buy. But stay away from 3pt mount backhoes. Get a frame mount only. I suggest getting it now, cause it's painful to outlay that much cash later, and sometimes harder to find one too. Backhoes are mighty useful, if you use them. Otherwise they are a very expensive space occupier. I love mine. It has paid for itself. But, now most those chores are done and it just sits in storage. But, it's there when I need it :).

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #53  
If a poster fails to point out both the pros and cons of the models being considered, even the littliest bit (if that's all you know)., then they are usually being biased, and therefore misleading. Leaving out considerable facts is also misleading. And when this comes from an experienced member with many hours under their belt, it's even more egregious. Say you don't know when you don't know. Try to be objective, fair, and complete when you do know. Or maybe don't comment at all if all you can do is bash a brand.

I have soft ground much of the year and find lighter tractors work better for my needs. I can always add weight to the 3 pt and/or wheel weights when I need it and when the ground is dry. I can not add more hp to push a heavier tractor. Having said that, Kiotis are good tractors, I will not disagree with that. My preference in that group would be Kubota, Yanmar* then Kioti. *the real small Deere

I am sure glad I never bashed any of the three brands talked about in this thread otherwise Gittyup might have been talking about me. In fact I even complimented one of them.

As others have mentioned if the primary purpose is to mow grass, weight is not always good and some HP is used just moving a heavier machine up hills. With loader and backhoe use weight can be an advantage for stability. Similarly larger overall dimensions help stability but can be a problem when mowing if you have tight spaces to get to. I can add weight but I can't add HP.

I am sure glad I was objective otherwise Gittyup may have been talking about me.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy???????
Been following the thread with interest....I think most of us are that same way with big purchases.....particularly mechanical purchases. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is just how handy is it for your work? Would you consider renting one for a week? Many dealers do that for a very reasonable fee and even deliver and pick it up. I wouldn't buy one any other way. An afternoon on any of these tractors would probably cause you to ask entirely different questions. A week certainly would. They do the same job but in slightly different ways. It's a personality thing as much as anything. But there are very noticible differences in steering, transmissions, control "feel", and general handyness that will mean more to you a year from now than you would believe.

Some folks prefer both wheel brakes on one side of the steering column and others find that awkward. All of mine are different and I don't care where the brakes are. Although my hip wishes that the heel & toe hydrostat foot pedal on the M59 was a couple inches to the left and that the seat was higher. And a friend is always wishing that someone would offer a left-handed control set up. Again, I don't care about that.

I've got one tractor - the 33 hp Yanmar - that has the nicest controls of any of the fleet....but is painfully awkward to get on and off. Or here's another thing: the backhoe controls on my current Kubota are like fine instruments and make the same controls on my JD's feel stone age. But I've owned other models of both makes that were just the reverse of that.

Of course right now you are concerned now about relative numbers for weight and lift and such - and durability....but IMHO all of these tractors will do about the same job. After you get above 20 hp - and certainly above 30 - tractors have plenty of traction and power to spare. Also, tractors tend to be awesomely rugged and dependable compared to just about any other mechanical device. That basically goes for all of them. After ironing out the wrinkles that seem inevitable in a new machine, it wouldn't surprise anyone here one bit if the only mechanical attention you ever need is routine maintenance..... for decades.

To back up the reliability, I saw where you initially mentioned that one of the prospective tractors was new and the other(s) were used - although I think you said with low hours. Still, I don't remember anyone commenting about that making much of a difference - if any.

Finally....having a sympathetic dealer close by is something I cherish - even though I don't need many parts I've still got questions and frankly it's important to me to enjoy working up a relationship that hopefully will last as long as the machine does.

good luck,now. You are looking at some pretty good machines and there are some other good makes as well. Do check out the 3pt operation while driving around the dealer's dirt test patch with a heavy implement - use a box blade or HEAVY grader blade. The 3 pt operation plus the way a tractor balances with a load on the 3 pt is definitely different from brand to brand and is very much an individual preference. At the dealers you can try it and see how easy - or not - it is to turn a washboard bit of his dirt patch into a smooth surface. That will tell you a lot, and it will have the added benefit of letting the dealer know you are serious about how his tractors work. Most anyone can use a loader but using a 3pt well does takes some practice. You'll be rough with it at first, but what you are looking for is how quickly it becomes instinctive for you when using that machine. Expect that models within the same brand will vary as much or more than different brands. Your dealer probably already knows that about his machines..... :)

Good luck, I bet you'll like your new tractor - regardless of which.
rScotty

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm looking for. The kubota has 57 hrs and the jd has 360. The kiotiis new

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #55  
Thanks. That's exactly what I'm looking for. The kubota has 57 hrs and the jd has 360. The kiotiis new

All three of these brands should run trouble free well into multiple thousands of hours. Even the 360 is just breaking in. I don't think you can go wrong with these choices.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #56  

On the kubota make sure as part of the deal to get the 50 hour first service if you go that way. After that one the service intervals are pretty long (they're all like that after the break in service). Service wise any of these are pretty easy 'do it yourself' machines for routine maintenance.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy???????
On the kubota make sure as part of the deal to get the 50 hour first service if you go that way. After that one the service intervals are pretty long (they're all like that after the break in service). Service wise any of these are pretty easy 'do it yourself' machines for routine maintenance.

The kubota is from a private seller. That is what makes it so appealing. No tax

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #58  
The kubota is from a private seller. That is what makes it so appealing. No tax

I think what tractchores is saying is that the first service is the most critical. That's when you find any problems and that's when you get out all the trash and swarf that all the manufacturers - especially Kubota - leaves in the engine for the filter to deal with. (it does that just fine, but gets full). I agree and with emphasis. In fact I'd change every oil and filter in there. The first service is the time to be very **** and complete.

But all dealer major services are expensive and can ruin a thousand dollar bill in a hurry. So if the previous owner hasn't had that service done and certified then you can discuss cost. At 57 hours it ought to still be under warranty?
HINT: When buying a new tractor, ALWAYS negotiate for the first service to be part of the package. You'll get the best deal that way.

Tractors need service so rarely that I don't even make that part of my buying worksheet. I just call their shop when needed and ask them to send their mobile mechanic. He can decide if it needs to go to the shop or not. However, I do all the routine maintenance myself because I think it is done better that way.

I like brand new, but just bought a tractor with several thousand hours on it.... and other than tires, battery, and the seat being broken down it works pretty much the same as a new one. Just as I suspected it would.

I advise you to use the search function on each of the brand forums on this site. Searcj for references to the particular models you are considering. There is a ton of really good info available right here. And I'll say again to either rent one or spend a few hours on it at the dealers. Dealers are familiar with that sort of request. All of their serious farmer and rural buyers do that and it's just part of being in business. Don't be surprised to find that models within the same brand vary as much as the brands do. For example, Kubota used to design tractors with different levels of expected use in mind and priced them accordingly. Perhaps they still do with the B, L, M etc.

:) Tom, I don't know what or who Gittyup was referring to either...couldn't figure it out. If it was either one of us I'm afraid he will have to be less circumspect. Otherwise it's going to go right past me too.
rScotty

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #59  
I think what tractchores is saying is that the first service is the most critical. That's when you find any problems and that's when you get out all the trash and swarf that all the manufacturers - especially Kubota - leaves in the engine for the filter to deal with. (it does that just fine, but gets full). I agree and with emphasis. In fact I'd change every oil and filter in there. The first service is the time to be very **** and complete.

This is very good to point out, whether buying from a private owner or not. If the warranty is in tact or not. That service interval is key.

I also like buying from private sellers to save tax. And it can be a lot of savings.